Thursday, 1 May 2014

MyBeautyCompare: Product Recommendations (Bronzer)

Hey everyone,
 
Recently I discovered a new website called MyBeautyCompare, you can sign up and fill out a relatively detailed questionnaire about your skin tone, skin concerns, hair type/concerns etc and you receive product recommendations best suited to you, based on your skin/hair types.
For example, if I look at the bronzer section of the site, this is what comes up for me:
 
beauty matches
 
The four bronzers pictured numbered one to four are meant to be the bronzers most suited to my skin tone and type. Below the four recommendations for me, there are three pages with just under 180 different bronzers to look at! You can review each product and give it a 1-5 star rating or read other people’s reviews. When searching through bronzers (and all other sections of the site), you can order them by price (low-high, high to low), best reviews, brand names (a-z or z-a) or popularity. 
 
Once you have clicked on a product you’re interested in, you can read a description and there is also a ‘price comparison’ section, which gives you prices and links to websites to buy the product from. There are so many products on this site and they range from budget brands right through to much more expensive, high end brands.
 
I have tried one out of the four suggested and it happens to be the number one suggestion; Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer. I received a sample of this bronzer in my Benefit advent calendar last year and it quickly became my go-to bronzer, perfectly suited to my very pale skin.
 
Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer has just the right amount of pigmentation; not overly pigmented so that you have to have the steadiest hand to apply it without giving yourself bright orange cheeks and not so sheer that you have to apply tonnes of product to get any sort of colour pay off. It blends so effortlessly and has such a velvety soft texture.
This is a completely matte bronzer, which I love. Most of my bronzers have some sort of shimmer running through them, so this is a really nice alternative. This bronzer lasts forever, I have a tiny sample that I received at some point in December and I’ve used it so much already and I still haven’t hit the bottom yet, but when I do, I will definitely be repurchasing!
 
Overall, this bronzer is incredible. Its definitely the most natural bronzer I own by far and doesn’t look orange at all, even on my ultra pale skin. MyBeautyCompare were spot on placing it at number one on my bronzer recommendations.
 
MyBeautyCompare doesn’t just recommend makeup products, they also have categories for skincare, bodycare, hair, hands and feet and even fragrance. All with so many different options (nail oil, anti-cellulite products, spot treatments, masks and peels, shampoo) that they categorise into a top four products suited to you, but you can also look through hundreds of other products to see all the different product options for each different category.
 
If you want to sign up to MyBeautyCompare it takes less then two minutes :) and you’ll find plenty of new products you have never heard of before, I guarantee it!
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer before?
 
Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun website! Thanks for the info.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, it is such a great website! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've tried Hoola, but it didn't work out for me. On my skin, it was just straight up dirt-brown. I find that I have more success with NARS' "Laguna." :-)

    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's a shame! :( I really like Nars Laguna too! :) xxx

      Delete