Friday, 2 May 2014

Amazing Lancome Gift With Purchase Worth £140 at John Lewis, Hurry Ends Sunday 4th May!

Hey everyone,
 
I’m back with yet another Lancome gift with purchase offer, I just can’t resist them! I buy Lancome products a lot, I have tried most types of makeup/skincare from them and I just keep going back for more. There have only been one or two products that I haven’t got on with and I think I’ve probably tried about 30 of their products now, if not more! I always wait for a gift with purchase offer to purchase more goodies and this offer from John Lewis was too good to miss out on.
 
To receive the free gift you had to buy any two items, it was easy for me to pick two items, taking me all of five minutes to do so. I decided on two of their newly released items, ‘Lip Lover’ (a lipstick/balm/gloss hybrid) and ‘Le Sourcil Pro’ (a double ended eyebrow pencil/highlighter), both cost £18 each.
 
DSCF0083
DSCF0092DSCF0096DSCF0098
 
Le Sourcil Pro in ‘010 Blond’
 
This is a very new product and although I tend to opt for eyebrow gels rather than powders or pencils, I fancied a change and the idea of having the highlighter on the other end intrigued me too, so this was an easy decision for me. I chose the lightest shade, but there are three darker shades to choose from too. I also find that pencils give a much more natural look, so this will be perfect for ‘less dramatic’ makeup days.
 
DSCF0108DSCF0112
 
Lip Lover in ‘316 Rose Attrape-Coeur’
 
I buy lip products every couple of weeks without fail so it was natural for me to gravitate towards the lip product section. I keep buying lipsticks, so thought it would make a welcome change if I tried something different. This has the shine of a gloss, the comfort of a balm and the pigmentation of a lipstick, apparently. I swatched a few and finally settled on this one, its just such a pretty pinky coral shade, perfect for spring/summer.
 
So, here’s what you get in your very generous free gift:
 
DSCF0140
DSCF0139
 
The products in this picture above are what everyone gets as standard, but you have a choice of two different skincare ranges as well, as you can see from the picture above that, I chose the Absolue range. You can either chose from the ‘Renergie’ range or the ‘Absolue’ range. Renergie is aimed at people with wrinkles, loss of firmness or dry skin and the benefits of using products within this range are as follows: ‘firming, lift with radiance, anti-ageing, wrinkle smoothing, plumping with moisture and contour redefinition’.
 
If you choose the Renergie option, you receive a 15ml day cream, 15ml night cream and you also receive a 5ml eye cream.  The day cream retails at £64 per 50ml, the night cream at £66 per 50ml and the eye cream at £44 per 15ml. Which puts the value of the three generously sized sample items you would receive at £53.66!
 
The other option, which is the one I chose, is the Absolue range, Lancome’s most expensive skincare range. The skincare problems this range is targeted at are: ‘dullness, fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness, loss of luminosity and loss of plumpness’. Using products from this range, you can expect to experience the following: ‘anti-ageing, nourishes with moisture, increases comfort, smoothes the appearance of wrinkles, face skin looks firmer, radiance regeneration, skin feels suppler, healthy-looking complexion’.
 
Choosing this option, you receive a 15ml day cream, 15ml night cream and a 5ml sample of the serum. This range is priced significantly steeper, with the day cream retailing at £108 per 50ml, the night cream at £136 per 50ml and the serum at £155 per 30ml! Which means if you chose this option of skincare free gift, your items would be worth a whopping £85.43! What is this stuff, liquid gold?!
 
Here is a quick break down of the products you receive in the free gift:
 
DSCF0145
 
L’Absolu Rouge in ‘06 Rose Nu’
 
This mini lipstick is rich and claims to be capable of eight hours of hydration, for smoother fuller lips. The shade ‘Rose Nu’, is the most popular shade in the range of 31 lipsticks and is a beautiful natural reddy pink, ‘my lips but better’ shade. The full size is 4.2ml and retails at £22.50, making this 1.6ml sample worth around £8.48.
 
DSCF0147
 
Blush Subtil in ‘021 Rose Paradis’
 
This was one of the items that sold the free gift to me, this ultra cute mini blusher, perfect for travel. Its so compact and such a vibrant shade. Lancome blushers are really nice and have great lasting power, so I’m really happy to be able to try a new shade. This retails at £27 for the 6g full size version, so this 2.5g version is worth £11.25!
 
DSCF0153
 
Galateis Douceur Gentle Softening Cleanser for Face and Eyes
 
I have used this cleanser for a few years now and its the perfect cleanser for me. It smells amazing first of all, but it  also works excellently at removing traces of makeup and really plumps the skin, leaving it so soft and hydrated. Its also great for sensitive skin and is so very gentle. 200ml of this retails at £23, so this 125ml sample is worth £14.37.
 
DSCF0263
 
Hypnose Mascara in ‘Black’
 
I have received so many of these samples over the past year but have never actually tried them out! I am so used to using my YSL mascara that I never even think of trying out others, that’s something I’ll definitely have to do! This is said to be ultra-light, with a smudge-proof formula capable of building 6x volume! Sounds perfect to me. Full size is 6.5g and retails at £22.50, this is a 2ml sample so is worth around £6.92.
 
DSCF0157
Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentre Serum
 
I love Lancome’s serums, both this one and the Visionnaire serum. They really do make a visible difference to the skin, these are the benefits of using Advanced Genifique serum according to the Lancome website: smoothes fine lines and deep wrinkles, boosts radiance, clarifies and evens skin tone, improves skin texture, increases elasticity and tonicity, firms skin and hydrates. I would definitely agree strongly with all of these, although I’m not sure about the fine lines/deep wrinkles bit as I don’t have any of them yet! This retails at £59 for 30ml and this sample is 7ml, so worth around £13.76.
 
Here’s a bit more about the skincare products that I chose to be included in my free gift from the Absolue range:
 
DSCF0168DSCF0162DSCF0163
 
Absolue Premium ßx Day Cream
 
This extremely luxurious and very expensive face cream is said to replenish moisture and regenerate radiancy. It also has SPF 15 which is really handy and you just apply it as normal after cleansing, toning and applying serum in the morning. I will be saving this for a special occasion (I'm not sure what type of special occasion warrants using £2.16 per ml face cream though)! My 15ml sample is worth £32.40, so I will be using this very sparingly!
 
DSCF0164
 
Absolue Premium ßx Night Care Cream
 
This is to be used in exactly the same way as the day cream, only you apply it after your evening routine, last thing after your serum. This is said to make your skin look more refined and rested, giving you results from day one. The sample I have of this is 15ml and worth £27.20, so again, I will be saving this for when my skin needs some serious TLC.
 
DSCF0167
 
Absolue Oleo Serum
 
This serum is said to improve skin's elasticity, making it feel more plumped, while rendering skin silky to the touch and also regenerating radiance. This 5ml sample is worth £25.83, so I will be using this only when my skin needs a real indulgent treat!
 
So, all together this free gift is worth: £140.21! I paid £36 for my two items, so got myself a huge bargain. If you want to take advantage of this offer, be quick because its instore only at John Lewis and is ending on Sunday 4th May. Also if you buy a third item, you get to choose either an exfoliator or hydration mask (full size) as an extra free gift. The cheapest Lancome item you can buy is a nail varnish (£12), so even if you buy two of them and spend £24, its worth it just for the free gift :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of these sort of gift with purchase promotions?
 
Emily :) x

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely post! The products are really nice and from a good brand. http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com Thanks!
    Isabel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, so glad you liked the post :) Totally agree, amazing brand :) xxx

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful, wonderful haul. I enjoy Lancome products, too. To me, they have more of the "chic French girl" vibe than Chanel does, a lot of times.
    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I agree with you there, I definitely own more Lancome items that Chanel by far! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Love lancome products. Great reviews, do you know when the next offer is on please? X

    ReplyDelete