Saturday, 19 April 2014

The Forgotten Haul From The January Sales: Illamasqua

Hey everyone,
 
So I was looking through my pictures and found some pictures I had taken for a haul post that never made it onto the blog, but since most of the items are still available to buy, I thought it was still worth posting :)
 
These items are all from the January sale so I managed to get all of these products for only £35! I absolutely love Illamasqua and if you haven’t tried them before, you really, really should. They have a sale every few months that is definitely worth checking out because there are always amazing discounts, but I do also buy some of the products at full price because they are more than worth it.
 
So, here’s what I got:
 
DSCF7364DSCF7408DSCF7365DSCF7371DSCF7370
 
Powder Blush in 'Tremble' £21.50 £7.50
 
I featured this blush in my March favourites because I've been reaching for it more and more lately. These pale pink blushes really suit my fair complexion and they look so natural. This was my first Illamasqua blush and it definitely won't be my last. Its richly pigmented and blends so easily and lasts for a good amount of time. This is definitely a matte blush, which I like because I don't have many truely matte blushers, they all tend to have a slight shimmer or a more dewy finish.
 
DSCF7372DSCF7373DSCF7377
 
Lipstick in 'Magnetism' £18.50 £7.50
 
I had been dying to try a Illamsqua lipstick, but didn't want to pay £18.50 without knowing what the formula is like (I don't have a counter near me), so I was really happy when I saw this in the sale. It is literally one of my favourite lipsticks ever, I've worn it so much since January. It was perfect for winter, but I will be wearing it year round as it compliments my skintone perfectly. Described as a 'deep, raspberry pink', this is such a gorgeous shade and I own nothing even remotely similar. It glides on beautifully and doesn't cling to any dry patches, lasting for a good few hours without needing a top up. Review coming soon!
 
DSCF7379DSCF7387
 
Powder Eyeshadow in 'Wolf' £15.50 £5
 
Illamasqua's eyeshadows are so buttery soft, intensely pigmented and blend effortlessly..what more could you ask for? This is the perfect shade for your crease or even to line the eyes using an angled brush, if you want a change from black. This is a matte eyeshadow and is described as a 'rich chocolate brown', for £5, this was an absolute steal.
 
DSCF7392DSCF7396
 
Concealer in '115' £14.50 £5
 
This has actually since been discontinued. I use this concealer under my eyes as it is quite a bit lighter than my skintone, so works perfectly to brighten the area. This isn't the best concealer for coverage and I wouldn't use it on blemishes, but it does the job on concealing my dark circles! You get a huge amount for product for your money and if you do have extra pale skin, Illamasqua definitely have you covered. Its a rare occurance when you're as pale as me and you find something that is considerably lighter than your skintone! 115 is for light skin with neutral undertones.
 
DSCF7401DSCF7406DSCF7405
 
Intenses Lipglosses in 'Move' and 'Belladona' £16.50 £5
 
I'm not much of a lipgloss girl, I find them usually too sheer, but these lipglosses definitely do not lack on the pigmentation front! I absolutely love these and want more shades already. 'Move' is described as a deep purple, its more of a mid blue-toned pink and 'Belladona' is described as a deep pink. They aren't sticky in the slightest and just look great on. These have definitely changed my opinions on lipglosses and I will definitely get a review up on these, with lip swatches etc!
 
I'm so impressed with absolutely everything I bought, roll on the next Illamasqua sale! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried Illamasqua? If so, what are your favourite products? 
 
Emily :) x 

4 comments:

  1. the lipstick shade looks so good. :)

    Visit my blog >> I AM JENNIYA
    New post up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried my first illmasqua product recently - their blush in the shade Katie and I cannot stop wearing it, it is so beautiful. This Tremble shade looks gorgeous as well. What a great deal for all of that!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their products are amazing! I know, I got some incredible bargains :) xxx

      Delete