Monday, 28 April 2014

John Lewis Beauty Event: What I Bought (Chanel, Clinique and YSL) and What I Received In My Goody Bags!

Hey everyone,
 
About a month ago, I went to my third John Lewis beauty event, tickets were £5 and with that ticket, you were entitle to a free goody bag. Then the £5 you spent on a ticket was redeemable against anything purchased on the night. You fill out your details on the ticket and hand it back when you purchase something and you get entered into a prize draw. I actually ended up with three goody bags because I bought three tickets, one for me, one for my Mum and one for my Fiance (for any face washes or anything he might have wanted), neither of them wanted anything, so I ended up buying products from three different counters for myself and getting three goody bags all to myself! :)
 
I have posted about the previous beauty events I have attended at John Lewis and you can find them here and here!
 
Here's what I got this time round:
 
DSCF9254DSCF9256
 
First I went to the YSL counter to repurchase my favourite mascara, Volume Effet Faux Cils. I am on my third tube of this now and I still feel like I will never buy another mascara! It is expensive at £24.50 a tube, but it lasts me at least six months which is about five months longer than regular mascaras last me before they dry up! You can see my review on it here, this was one of my very first posts, so its pretty awful and very brief but the pictures are very clear on how amazing this mascara is! :)
 
This mascara is perfect at separating the lashes, never clumps and I just can’t get over how much it lengthens my lashes, in only a few strokes and I only ever apply just one coat!

DSCF9252
 
I asked for a sample of their new ‘Top Secrets All in One BB Creme’ in ‘Light’ and also their new CC cream ‘CC Creme Colour Corrector’ in the shade ‘Lavender’.  I’ll have to let you know how I get on with these! They are both hugely generous samples and will last me plenty of applications :)
 
DSCF9251
 
Lastly, here are the contents of the goody bag that I received with my YSL purchase:
 
- Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Eau De Parfum 1ml x3
- Steam Cream 3ml x2
- Philosophy 3-in-1 Purity Cleanser for Face and Eyes 6ml
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturiser 2ml x2
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night Moisturiser 2ml
- Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 5ml
- Acqua Di Parma Magnolia Nobile Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
- Floris London Cefiro Eau De Toilette 2ml
- Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash 6ml
- Molton Brown Vitalising Vitamin A, B + C Bath and Shower 30ml
- John Lewis Nail Polish in ‘Seaside’ 10ml (Full Size)
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Hydrating Cream 5ml
- Heathcote & Ivory Beau Jardin Hand Cream in ‘Citrus Grove’ 30ml
- Rituals Yogi Glow Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil Foaming Shower Gel Sensation 50ml
- Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Cream 5ml
 
Next, I headed to the Chanel counter. I only have one item from Chanel (the Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder) and I adore it so really wanted to try something else. I can’t stop buying lip products lately, so it seemed logical to test out what Chanel had to offer!
 
DSCF9266DSCF9270
 
I decided on trying a lipstick from the ‘Rouge Coco Shine’ range, described as ‘hydrating sheer lipshine’, which sounded perfect for me. I tend to opt for sheer formulas, like tinted lip balms, and I always have to go for a hydrating lipstick. I picked the shade ‘55 Romance’, which is a gorgeous medium pink shade.
 
Here’s what I got in my second goody bag:
 
DSCF9262
 
- Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 5ml
- Philosophy Full of Promise Treatment Serum for Uplifting Days 2ml
- Philosophy Full of Promise Treatment Serum for Volumizing Nights 2ml
- Givenchy Play for Her Eau De Parfum 1ml x3
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturiser 2ml x2
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night Moisturiser 2ml
- Philosophy Eye Hope Multitasking Eye Cream for Dark Circles, Puffiness & Lines 2ml
- Floris London Elite Eau De Toilette 2ml
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes 6ml
- Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
- Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Cream 5ml
- John Lewis Nail Polish in ‘Festival’ 10ml (Full Size)
- Orla Kiely Bergamot Hand Cream 10ml
- Coco Mademoiselle Chanel Eau De Parfum 2ml
- Heathcote & Ivory Beau Jardin Hand Cream in ‘Citrus Grove’ 30ml
- Rituals T’ai Chi White Lotus & Green Tea Foaming Shower Gel Sensation 50ml
 
Lastly, I popped over to the Clinique counter. I rarely buy anything from Clinique so thought it would be a great opportunity to try one of their famous Chubby Sticks. I have tried one before but it wasn’t in a shade I would have picked myself, so I decided to see what other shades they had!
 
DSCF9277DSCF9279
 
I decided to go for the shade ‘14 Curvy Candy’ which is a gorgeous sheer bubble-gum pink, and as soon as I swatched it, I knew I had to take it home with me :)
 
Here’s what I got in my third goody bag:
 
DSCF9275
 
- Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 5ml
- Givenchy Play for Her Eau De Parfum 1ml x2
- Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash 6ml
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturiser 2ml
- Rituals Yogi Flow Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil Foaming Shower Gel Sensation 50ml
- Valentina Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes 6ml
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask 5ml
- John Lewis Nail Polish in ‘Pillar Box’ 10ml (Full Size)
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Hydrating Cream 5ml
- Givenchy Very Irresistible Eau De Toilette 1ml
- Di Palomo Enriching Hand & Nail Cream with Aloe & White Grape 25ml
- Floris London JF Eau De Toilette 2ml
- Heathcote & Ivory Beau Jardin Hand Cream in ‘Rose & Geranium’ 30ml
- Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile Sublime Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
 
So, overall I got some amazing new samples to test out and also got myself two new products to try, as well as an old favourite too :) I will hopefully be doing some reviews on the two lip products too!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of these type of beauty events?
 
Emily :) x

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun. I would love to go to a beauty event like this.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great event, I love it! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I never been to a blogger event :( they are hard to find in the States. The YSL packaging is amazing! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not actually a blogger event, its open to anyone! :D I love the YSL packaging too :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to attend something like this - lucky you, and what a fantastic goodie bag :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The John Lewis events are open to anyone, they're great :D they goody bags are always great there :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, very good purchases!
    I am obsessed with buying Chanel MU. Obsessed.
    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I only own two Chanel products, but I love them both :) xxx

      Delete