Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Glossybox: April 2014

Hey everyone,
 
Today I received my April Glossybox and its probably one of the worst ones I've received so far. I am getting a bit annoyed that Glossybox keep choosing the same brands over and over again, cheap brands or brands no one has ever heard of, whereas Birchbox are offering us high end brands such as Benefit, Laura Mercier, Molton Brown and the Balm. I have received products from ‘Emite’, ‘Mememe Cosmetics’ and ‘Monu’ countless times in previous Glossyboxs in the past year and all three brands are terrible quality and none of their products have been anything less than awful. Surprise surprise, I got another one of each in this month’s box...great!
 
I don’t want to give up on Glossybox, but they really are making it so difficult for me to stay subscribed, their boxes get worse every month and include mostly cheap brands that I could easily afford to try the full size products myself anyway. I don’t think I have ever gone on to buy a full sized Glossybox product, whereas I have done it countless times with Birchbox.
 
Anyway, here’s what I got in this month’s box:
 
DSCF9379DSCF9380DSCF9383
 
 
DSCF9385
DSCF9387
 
Emite Comsetics Lip Brush L312
 
First up is yet another product from Swedish brand Emite, I have received an eyeshadow and eyelash curlers from this brand in previous Glossyboxes before, both of which were less than impressive. I don't use lip brushes, I prefer to apply directly from the tube. This brush is very soft and flexible, but its definitely not worth its £17 price tag and isn't actually available on the Emite website.
 
DSCF9390
 
Mememe Cosmetics Beat the Blues Highlighter in 'Pearl Pink'
 
This is another brand I have been far from impressed with after receiving an eyeshadow and a cheek and lip tint in past Glossyboxes. I also ordered some products from Mememe last year and I found most of the items I ordered to be very poor in quality. So, I was definitely not excited when I first saw this in my box. After swatching it on my hand, its definitely not as bad as I was expecting it to be after my previous experiences with Mememe products! It is very sheer and almost disappears once blended in, but it brightens the skin and gives a very subtle radiance. This is full size and retails at £5.50.
 
DSCF9391
 
MONU Spa Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil
 
This is my third Monu product that I have received in a Glossybox, just like Mememe and Emite. I wish Glossybox would be a bit more imaginative and include a better variety of brands, rather than keep returning to the same boring/low quality brands over and over again. I wouldn't mind if they featured the same brands, if the products were half decent! I received a moisturiser and a primer from Monu in previous Glossyboxes and I have to say, they are hands down two of the worst products I have ever tried. I would never get excited about a receiving a massage oil in a beauty box, and considering its made by one of the worst brands I have ever tried, I probably won't even open it. This sample is 30ml and full sized (100ml) retails at £25.
 
DSCF9395
 
Tresemme Instant Refresh Cleansing Dry Shampoo
 
Probably the only thing I will use in this box...a dry shampoo, not exactly exciting! This is another brand I have previously received in a Glossybox, but a brand that I and many others love, so I'm not complaining. This is 100ml and full size (200ml) retails at £4.99. I do use dry shampoos quite a lot and tend to always just pick up my trusty Batiste, so trying a new brand will be a nice change :)
 
DSCF9398DSCF9397
 
Unica Cosmetics Radiance Plus
 
Award for the tiniest skincare sample goes to...Unica Cosmetics! Probably enough for a full face application and a half, considering 50ml only retails at £12.95, you'd think we could have gotten a slightly larger sample. This is an intensive anti-aging face cream, but there's definitely not enough in this tiny pot to determine whether this is the face cream for me. This is 100% natural, which would be perfect for some people, but its not something I am too bothered about.
 
So, nothing impressive in this Glossybox in my opinion I'm sorry to say. I am going to stay subscribed because I'm really hoping they turn things around!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Glossybox?
 
Emily :) x

8 comments:

  1. This wasn't a very impressive box. Normally I really love my GlossyBoxes so I hope I get some good things in mine.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it wasn't impressive at all :( I'm sure you will, it does tend to be the UK ones that are going downhill! xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is poor. The brush looked like the best thing in the box because I always think you can not have too many brushes. I'm so glad I have not bought a glossy box so far. The only good ones they have seem to be around Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the brush is ok, but nothing special! Yeah, I agree with you there and last summer there was a few good ones too! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Every month I am more and more glad I unsubbed from Glossybox. I have received all these brands in the past in their boxes, not very imaginative. The Birchbox this month has convinced me to sign up again but the Glossybox is just putting me off. Sorry you got such a poor one x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to give them a few more months, if they're still equally as unimpressive, then I'll have to unsubscribe too! Yes, they use the same brands over and over again! This month's Birchbox is great :D xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is a pretty bad box! I'm at a loss for words, considering that the cost of each box isn't anything to sneeze at either.

    www.chicandalluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly, its more expensive than Birchbox and not worth the money at all! xxx

      Delete