Monday, 7 April 2014

Favourites: March 2014

Hey everyone,
 
I can’t believe its April already, it only seems like yesterday that I was writing Christmas themed posts! Firstly, I have to apologise about the lack of posts recently, I have just been so busy and there has been so much going on. Everything is a lot less stressful now though, so hopefully I can start getting back on track.
 
March was a good month for me, I barely spent any money on cosmetics, compared to most months where I spend far too much! I have been too busy to think about shopping so I’m hoping its calmed down my obsession enough so that I can start saving for driving lessons finally! So five/six of my favourites this month are actually things I dug out from my stash, not new purchases.
 
Here's my six favourite products from March:
 
DSCF9302
DSCF9305
 
Illamasqua's Powder Blush in 'Tremble'
 
I bought this a few months ago in the Illamasqua sale, I paid £7.50 instead of £21.50, so a huge bargain. I realised I didn't have many light pink blushes and they really suit my pale complexion, so this was a no brainer for me. I have been loving wearing this lately, its such a delicate, natural shade and its just so effortless. It blends seamlessly and applies beautifully, its really quite pigmented, so you don't need to use a lot at all. I absolutely love Illamasqua and they're easily one of my favourite brands, the quality is amazing.
 
DSCF9309
DSCF9311
 
Soap and Glory's 'One Heck of a Blot' Super-Translucent Mattifying Powder
 
My skin is dry at the best of times, but it was so terrible at the start of March, I was considering going to a dermatologist. My whole t-zone and cheeks were just peeling, I couldn't wear any makeup for weeks. The annoying thing is, my skin is terribly dry but still super shiny, so I don't ever know what to do. Do I put up with a super shiny nose, chin and forehead? Or do I put something on it to stop the shine, but put up with the fact it highlights the dry skin on my nose and cheeks, so much so that it looks like I have severe Eczema on my face?
 
I tried moisturising three times a day, serums, exfoliators, face masks, hydration masks and nothing worked. Then I thought maybe I was doing too much, so I just did nothing at all for two weeks. Finally it cleared up on its own after about three weeks of terrible skin, I had become sick of barely wearing any face makeup and desperately wanted something to control that shine. I dug out this powder and it did a great job on keeping the shine at bay, without being heavy on the skin or highlighting any remaining dry patches. It is so natural looking and gives such a beautifully matte finish.
 
DSCF9314
 
Dior Airflash Matte Touch Long-Lasting Airy Powder
 
Another product I found perfect for masking my shiny skin without clinging to any dry patches was this spray on powder from Dior. A totally new concept as far as I'm aware, but it really is amazing. I use this when I'm going somewhere nice or want to make a bit more effort and its just completely faultless. The finish you get with this is second to none and your skin is so velvety smooth once you've applied it. It lasts more or less all day and I am sure I will repurchase this over and over again. This completely mattifies your skin and is so light, much lighter than wearing a powder. When my skin was at its most dry and was peeling, if I was going out I'd wear a tinted moisturiser and some of this and it didn't highlight any of the severe dryness, which I was just amazed at.
 
DSCF9317
DSCF9315
 
Kiko Kiss Balm in '03 Tutti Frutti'
 
I think everyone should have one of these beautiful lip balms. They are super hydrating, perfect for dry lips (I suffer with them too) and they glide on so beautifully. These are sheer, but not the most sheer tinted lip balm I own, they give good coverage and this shade is my favourite, I've worn it most days in March actually! Its a gorgeous pinky-red and smells/tastes so fruity, without being overpowering. There's nothing negative to say about these at all. They retail at £5.90, so they're pretty cheap too :)
 
DSCF9319
 
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in 'Light 16'
 
I discovered this concealer after getting a sample from Rose's Beauty Store and the sample cost me £1.50 but its lasted me so long, I was starting to run out so I decided to buy the full size. This concealer is incredible, I could literally throw away all my other concealers right now(including the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer....yes, really). I have read some negative reviews on this concealer recently and I can't understand it, I've tried probably between 40 and 50 concealers and this one beats them all. Its so lightweight and is still heavy duty. It covers any blemish I've had without going crusty, wearing off or settling in any lines. Its perfect for under eye circles and its just got such a velvety texture, it blends so easily. I will do a full review on this soon!
 
DSCF9320
DSCF9321
 
YSL Terre Saharienne Bronzing Powder in '2 Copper Sand'
 
I got this bronzer last year free with a YSL foundation (its full size and retails at £35, so another great bargain) and actually completely forgot about it until now. I tried it out a few weeks ago and I've been loving it and wearing it most days since. This is not suitable as a contour as its not grey-toned enough to emulate shadow, but it is perfect for warming up the skin tone. I dust this over the apple of my cheeks, my temples and lightly over my chin to give my pale skin a lovely healthy glow. This lasts all day and I'm not usually one for a bronzer, but this has definitely changed my mind.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

6 comments:

  1. That Illamasqua blush look gorgeous! And what a deal you got, too! I also really like the color of the Kiko lippy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its so nice! I love all Illamasqua products! Kiko lip products are incredible, I couldn't recommend them more :) xxx

      Delete
  2. The Kiko Lipstick looks lovely, i must have a nose over on their website :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, the quality of their lip products is incredible! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Dying to try out the Kat Von D concealer! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete