Thursday, 17 April 2014

Birchbox: April 2014

Hey everyone,
 
So after a hugely disappointing Glossybox this month, my Birchbox arrived and it was 10 times better….as usual! I absolutely love Birchbox, they offer us samples of amazing high end brands, with an excellent range of products in each and every box and it even costs less than Glossybox. This month I’m very impressed with my box, but others got even better products, so although I am slightly jealous of all of you receiving Laura Mercier products and RMK makeup bases, I still love and will use everything I received in my April box!
 
Birchbox impress me so, so much every month and I never worry that I will receive a bad box, because they’ve all been amazing. So, here’s what I got in this month’s box:
 
First off, let me apologise about the Chihuahua hair that managed to sneak its way into the pictures, she insists on laying right next to everything I take pictures of for my blog and leaves a little hair trail behind, that I don't notice until I look at the pictures!
 
DSCF9399
DSCF9404
DSCF9413
 
Color Club Nail Polish in 'Gold Struck'
 
This is one of four shades exclusive to Birchbox and this month we actually got to pick which shade we would like, if we didn't pick in time they just sent a random shade, but I got the one I had picked and I really liked it because its just so effortless and pretty. Gold struck is a very pale peachy gold colour. The other shades were an off-white, a pale emerald green and a sky blue, all of which have a pearlescent finish. You can buy all four shades together for £15 on the Birchbox website. I'm so pleased with the colour of this and I am going to use it later on!
 
DSCF9406
 
Propercorn Sweet Coconut and Vanilla
 
For our 'lifestyle extra' this month we received a bag of Propercorn popcorn worth 90p. I love popcorn but have always only ever had just regular sweet popcorn, but as soon as I saw this, I knew I'd love it as coconut and vanilla are two of my favourite flavours. Just as I imagined...its amazing, I just wish the bag was bigger as it is completely delicious and I need more, haha. I'm definitely going to buy more of this.
 
DSCF9414DSCF9424
 
theBalm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek and Lip Cream
 
This is probably the most adorable mini sample sized makeup product I own. I love the packaging and the sample is the perfect size for popping in your handbag and the fact its a mult-use product makes it even more practical. You just dab this onto your cheeks or lips with your fingertips. The shade I received is 'Pie', which is a vibrant pinky red that I really like and can't wait to test out. All of the shades in the palette are orchard-inspired which I think is a great idea and the palette which retails at £26 includes the shade I received and five others, so quite a good price for six different cheek and lip creams!
 
DSCF9425
 
Campos De Ibiza Almendra Body Milk
 
This is an almond body milk by a brand I have never heard of and after doing some research, its not easily available in the UK. This a 38ml sample and 200ml is currently available on the Birchbox UK website for £16.55. Although this is a rather generous sample, I would have much rather received a 30ml sample of the gorgeous Laura Mercier body butters/body souffles that literally everyone else has received in their boxes, I seem to be the only one with this brand! I have to say it does smell amazing though and its super light, yet so hydrating. It sinks into the skin in seconds, which is something I have to have in a body lotion, because I have no patience waiting for them to dry! 
 
DSCF9430
DSCF9432
 
Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil
 
You can never have too many eyeliners in my opinion. Most days I use a pencil just like this for my waterline, so this will definitely get used up pretty quickly I would imagine! Although this is quite a small sample, its still practical and will be going into my makeup bag so I can use it on the go. This retails at £10 full size, so this is probably about half the size of a regular pencil.
 
DSCF9434
 
One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm
 
This is one of those amazing multi-tasker products; you can use it as a cleanser, a moisturiser anywhere on the body, to remove makeup, to tame flyaways and you can even mix it with a mineral foundation for a little heavier coverage. I love love love products like this and think they're such a great idea. As a cleanser, this is super easy to use, you literally just massage some onto your face (no need to dampen the skin) then you wipe off with a flannel. This is a 15ml sample, 39ml retails at £30 on the Birchbox website, but this brand is also available to buy from their own website too, so definitely available in the UK.
 
So, even though I really wish I received the Laura Mercier product and the RMK makeup base, I'm really, really happy with what I received! The balm sounds amazing and I can't wait to start putting everything to the test. There's definitely going to be some repurchases from this box, I'm sure of it!
 
Also, if you want to sign up to Birchbox, for £12.95 a month, you can receive one of these amazing boxes too and if you sign up now, you will receive the April box which will definitely include the 'theBalm' cheek and lip cream, the Propercorn and one of the Color Club nail polishes. It will also include three other products, possibly the items I received; the Lord and Berry eyeliner, the One Love Organics multi-use balm or the Campos De Ibiza body milk or one of the other products I've seen a lot of subscribers receiving which was the 'Yes To: Cucumber Facial Wipes'. I've also seen subscribers receiving a huge 250ml full size bottle of TommyGuns Pomegranate and Orange Flower shampoo and Yin Yang skin cleansers or moisturisers, all of which look great too!
 
If you do decide to sign up, please use this link and if you do, we both receive £5 worth of points to spend in the online shop!  
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Birchbox?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

4 comments:

  1. You got a great box! I haven't gotten mine yet this month but I would love to get that balm blush and beauty balm.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved this box :) Such a great range of products! Hope you love your box when you get it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I think it's super cute! Lol. I especially like The Balm's sample; perhaps it has something to do with that shirtless guy in a cowboy hat. :-P
    Btw, I am having an international beauty giveaway on my blog that I would love for you to participate, if you'd like!
    Oooh, I love the wedges! I'm thinking of getting a pair for Spring, too. :-)
    www.chicandalluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes that definitely does it make it easier to love :p xxx

      Delete