Sunday, 30 March 2014

Review: Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks in ‘101’, ‘107’, ‘110’ and ‘113’ With Lip Swatches!

Hey everyone,
 
 
Today I wanted to show you my Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte lipsticks. There are five in the collection (101, 107, 110, 111 & 113), I don't have 111 because its a really vibrant red which just isn't my type of colour, but I have the other four shades. My first Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish lipstick was the 107, one of the most popular and famous lipsticks in the beauty blogging world. I really liked it, so when I saw the other shades were all reduced to £3.99 (regular price £5.49) last month on Boots.com, I got another three shades (101, 110 & 113).
 
 
I absolutely love these lipsticks and for the price, the formula and pigmentation is amazing. Described as a velvety matte formula, when applied these are more of semi-matte finish but dry after a few minutes to a completely matte finish. These lipsticks glide on so smoothly and last for hours. The only fault I could give these are that they do tend to cling on to dry patches on the lips (more so with the paler shades), but only ever so slightly. I suffer with really dry lips and there are many lipsticks I just can't wear, but these I can get away with, even with a matte formula!
 
 
There are so many reviews for the 107, I wanted to do some reviews on the other shades as well, so I've done a little review on each shade with swatches/lip swatches too :)
DSCF8041DSCF8045
DSCF8084
DSCF8208
DSCF8048DSCF8054
DSCF8103
101
 
 
101 is a beautiful pale pink shade, perfect for everyday use. I am so glad I puchased this shade, I've been wearing pink lipstick a lot lately and this is such a simple, easy to wear shade. This is really easy to apply, you don't have to worry about it bleeding or anything and although this isn't the most pigmented lipstick, its still pigmented enough to change my natural red lips to a pretty pink shade :) 
 
DSCF8060DSCF8061
DSCF8124
107
 
 
As I said before, this was the first lipstick I bought from the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish matte lipstick collection. 107 is a wine colour, which is actually quite a lot darker than in the picture above. This is such a unique shade and is perfect for autumn/winter, its so richly pigmented and glides on beautifully.
 
 
The only fault I have with this lipstick is that it can be quite hard to apply. If you accidently get any lipstick outside of your natural lip line, it does tend to stain the skin and its quite hard to get off. Also, because it is so pigmented, if the line isn't perfectly straight, its very noticeable.  
 
 
DSCF8068DSCF8069
DSCF8107
110
 
 
110 is a gorgeous vibrant coral shade and I think its going to be perfect for summer. The 110 is much easier to apply than the 107, but still requires a little more care than the 101 & 113. This is so pigmented and a little goes a long way, I really like this shade and its so striking against my pale skin, but I feel like it would suit any skintone.
 
 
DSCF8075DSCF8078
DSCF8099
113
 
 
113 is a pretty nude shade, which is more like the 101 when it comes to pigmentation, it fully covers my naturally red lips but isn't as richly pigmented as the 107 and 110. I find this one super easy to apply, you don't have to worry if you go out of the lip line slightly, and although it does cling to the lips a little, its not too noticeable. I think I only own one or two nude lipsticks and they aren't really the right shade for me, whereas this one works for my skintone, so I'm really happy with it!
 
 
Overall, I really like this collection of lipsticks and for the price, the quality is great! I love each shade for different reasons and although none of them are the perfect formula for me (having ridiculously dry lips all the time), for matte lipsticks, they are incredible. Even though there are only five shades, I think there is definitely a shade for everyone :) 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
What do you think of the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte lipsticks?
 
 
Emily :) x

14 comments:

  1. 113 is soo pretty I love peachy-nudes! xx

    jessicafay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't have many nude shades so this one is perfect! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love these lipsticks! I have 103 which is very similar to 101. 107 is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Such great lipsticks :) xxx

      Delete
  3. These lipsticks look great. My favorite is the second one.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thats such a popular shade, I love wearing it :) xxx

      Delete
  4. These lipsticks are lovely, going to dig out my 110 now :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I love 110, such a gorgeous shade :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I've been loving Kate Moss lipsticks for a long time, and always recommend them to my friends. I like how they are matte, yet also soft and non-drying, although I do wear them over a lip balm with SPF! "101" is truly a beautiful shade. Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will definitely be recommending these to my friends! I wear them over a lip balm too :) 101 is so pretty, I love it! xxx

      Delete
  6. I adore 107! It is such a pretty cherry color! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  7. 107 is my favourite! These are really nice lipsticks and the packaging is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 107 too! Yes, they are really lovely :) xxx

      Delete