Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Glossybox: March 2014

Hey everyone,

In the post today I received my March Glossybox, which I paid for using my Glossydots, so was actually free - which I am very glad about because this box just wasn't for me. I hadn't looked at any spoilers so everything was a complete surprise.

This month's theme was 'Beauty Blossom' and was all about kissing goodbye to winter and welcoming spring. The thing is, none of the products seem to fit that theme, so that was a big let down. I am actually really tempted to unsubscribe to Glossybox after this box.

Here's what was inside:
 
DSCF9209
DSCF9213DSCF9212
 DSCF9215
DSCF9224
DSCF9227

Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion

Let's start with the worst, shall we? Two 3ml sachets of fake tan...enough to fake tan my foot...maybe. What is the point in this?! Even to test it out, I wouldn't want one tanned foot for 2-3 weeks! I have already heard about this fake tan and its meant to be really good, but unfortunately I don't want to test it out on a part of my body, I would need to test it out on the whole of my body! 150ml retails at £37.50, so quite pricey, but all the best fake tans are. Glossybox did include a 20% discount though, so maybe I will try a bottle!
 
DSCF9230

Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair 60 Second Treatment Shot

This is the only product I am excited to use. I have heard really great things about Dove haircare products and have yet to try them out! I have used one of these treatment shots before, a Tresemme one and found it really worked well and I completely forgot about that, so even if this one isn't as good it has reminded me to go out and purchase the Tresemme one! You apply this after shampooing (avoiding the roots), leave on for 60 seconds then rinse off, perfect for a quick hair boost! This is full size (15ml) and retails at £1.49.
 
DSCF9231DSCF9238

Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Shimmer Powder in 'Coral Reef'

This powder claims to be the ultimate multi-use product. On first glance it just looks like an eyeshadow, but it can actually be used to mix into blusher, lip gloss or even nail polish to create your own custom-made makeup! Its just such a pity that the shade I was sent is a golden orange, not at all suitable for eyeshadow, blusher or lipgloss especially not for very pale skin. This is a full size product and retails at £12.99.

DSCF9240DSCF9243

Sleek MakeUP Pout Polish Tinted Lip Balm in 'Bonaire 967'

Another orange product, yay! Now I can have orange lips to go with my fake-tanned orange foot and my orange eyelids! Please detect a hint of sarcasm here. This is a hideously vibrant orange, actually described as 'electric orange', definitely not for me. This is not in any way subtle, even though it is sheer, its just orange which looks ridiculous on me. This is full size and retails at £4.49, this particular shade is from the Limited Edition Caribbean Collection. I would have loved this product, had it been in a more wearable shade, so its a real shame they send me the worst possible shade.

DSCF9246

Mitchell and Peach Body Cream

Its hard to get excited about a body cream, I have so many of them and to be honest, they all do the same thing more or less. I certainly wouldn't be paying £36 for 180ml, this is a 40ml sample, which is quite generous! It does smell nice, but nothing amazing and not something I would choose. 

Box Contents Total:
Vita Liberta pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion: £1.50
Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair 60 Second Treatment Shot: £1.49
Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Shimmer Powder: £12.99
Sleek MakeUP Pout Polish £4.49
Mitchell and Peach Body Cream £8.40
Total: £28.87

Overall, I'm not at all impressed with the contents of this month's box. Birchbox just outdo Glossybox every month for me! But saying that, if the shades weren't orange this box might have impressed me a lot more!

Thanks for reading!

What do you think of this month's Glossybox?

Emily :) x

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a rubbish box! I saw another review of a March box and was really gutted that I recently cancelled, but this box is awful! That's what I hate most about Glossybox is the vast difference between them when everyone pays the same. The Sleek product looks good though, and the Dove too x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a rubbish box :( Yeah, you don't get that problem with Birchbox! I'm excited to try out the Dove product :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Color me unimpressed. Each time I'm about to whip my credit card out for a beauty box, I'd come across a post like yours and change my mind. The only subscription box that I've ever been consistently happy with is Test Tube, which was actually the first beauty subscription box ever. I'm not sure if it's available in the UK, but I'm very happy with it; Test Tube focuses more on skincare rather than makeup, though, although I have gotten makeup from them, too. Cheers! Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would have definitely changed my mind if I saw this post! That sounds really good, I don't think we get it in the UK though! :( xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi, cool review :) I got exactly the same box as you! I like the lip balm and eyeshadow, but the fake tan samples seem like such a waste of time and I won't use them... My next box is free so hopefully there will be something good in there to encourage me to carry on subscribing! http://newwithhashtags.co.uk/glossybox-march-2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would have liked the lip balm and eyeshadow too if they were in more useable shades! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I got completely different items in my glossy box (you can find it on my instagram @kate_spitz) and I really loved my box this month.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish I got completely different items in this month's box! xxx

      Delete