Thursday, 6 March 2014

Favourites: February 2014

Hey everyone,
 
Today I wanted to share with you my favourite products from February! This has been a hectic month for me, it was my 21st birthday (read about it here and see what amazing presents I received here)  and I was reaching for anything that was simple and easy and all of these products I’ve included in my February favourites are exactly that.
 
DSCF9155DSCF9158
 
Sleek Face Form in 'Fair'
 
First up is this super handy face definition palette from Sleek MakeUP. Including a contour powder, highlighter and blusher shade and available in four shades for the mere price of £9.99, you really can't go wrong. I have the shade 'fair' which works well with my super pale skin. If you are in a hurry this palette is so perfect and its also great for travel as its not too bulky. I have been loving this when I've been in a rush recently, choosing to quickly apply the contour with my Real Techniques contour brush, sweeping a bit of the coral-toned blush over the apple of my cheeks with my Real Techniques blush brush and blending it all out with my Real Techniques buffing brush! I tend to skip the highlighter when I'm in a hurry though!
 
DSCF9170
 
Diorskin Nude BB Cream
 
After trying Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser in Birchbox, I've pretty much only worn that for the past few months, opting for foundation on only a very few occasions. I decided to look into BB creams as I've never really tried one and read some great reviews on the Diorskin Nude BB cream, so on a recent trip to Debenhams, I bought this in the shade '001' and I am so glad that I did. I absolutely love how my skin looks when wearing this and its so much more hydrating than a foundation, which is perfect for my dry skin.
 
I started wearing foundation years ago while on my quest for flawless skin, but gave up on foundation when I realised that although it did even out my skintone and it looked amazing from a distance, close up was a different story. It highlighted all my pores and settled in any fine lines especially where I smile a lot, I would have a build up of foundation in a nice orange line where I grin. I also found that foundation highlighted any fair hairs on my face and clung to every single piece of dry skin. Although this BB cream doesn't even out my skintone as much as foundation does and it doesn't cover blemishes, it looks so much better. My skin looks so healthy, no dry skin is visibile, no orange build ups in my smile lines and any hairs are back to being invisible! So I just use a little bit of foundation in areas where I do need the extra coverage :)
 
DSCF9175
 
YSL Anti-Cernes Concealer in '01 Ivory Beige'
 
I bought this concealer around a year ago and it is so perfect for dark circles under the eyes. It doesn't crease, it isn't cakey but it is super thick and gives great coverage. I prefer a more liquid concealer for blemishes, but this stick concealer is amazing for under eye circles. It gives me the extra coverage that I need and helps even out my skintone. I can't fault this, you only need to use a tiny bit and it just looks amazing on and lasts all day.
 
DSCF9178
 
Maybelline Master Kajal Kohl Liner
 
I got this in my February Glossybox and I've been loving using it on my waterline and also drawing a thin line just above my upper lashes to make them appear thicker and darker. Its so creamy and soft and super pigmented, which makes it perfect for the delicate waterline area. I also love that you don't have to sharpen it, it just makes life so much easier!
 
DSCF9182
 
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
 
Never being one for primers or eyeshadow primers, all the ones I have tried don't seem to make the slightest bit of difference, I stopped wasting my money on them! Then I received this with my Naked palette and found it amazing. Not only did it prevent creasing and increase wear time, it made the shades so much more intense. I don't wear this every time I wear eyeshadow, but notice the difference so much when I do.
 
DSCF9180
 
L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in '101 Tempting Lilac'
 
I bought three of these recently and I've been loving them. I wont say too much, because I'm planning a review on them all soon. What I will say is that they are tinted lip balms and are super hydrating but also leave a beautiful subtle hint of colour. They have a great colour range, something for everyone :)
 
So, everything I've been loving this month is so easy and effortless, which is something I am definitely a fan of right now! They are all also products that I find extremely hard to fault, which is another great sign :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What have you been loving this month? Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is really nice! :) Thank you! xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if we have the L'Oreal Rouge Carresse line in the States yet, since I haven't seen them. However, I did just write a review for the L'Oreal "Lilac Ever After" Colour Riche Wet Shine. I just have to say, that pink carpet that you use as the background is FABULOUS! :-D ChicAndAlluring.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check out your review :D Thank you! Its actually a blanket but I love it too :D xxx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the Urban Decay Primer Potion - it's probably my most used makeup item! I'm unsure about those eyeliners - can you still use it when it loses the sharp nib?
    Love your blog!

    Cosmoopolitan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've definitely become a huge fan now! So far its been fine, I've used it about four times and its still completely useable :) Thank you lovely! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love love that Dior BB Cream and have my eye on that sleek palette. Great picks this month! I've been loving my Maybelline Master Hi-Lighting blushes this month.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its so amazing, isn't it?! The Sleek palette is great, so practical. They sound lovely, not sure if we have them in the UK! xxx

      Delete