Sunday, 9 February 2014

Review: Seventeen Lip Crayon Kit With Lip Swatches

Hey everyone,
This year Boots had some amazing lip crayon sets on offer, from Seventeen, Fearne, Ted Baker and Soap and Glory and I was very lucky and actually received all four kits for Christmas, so expect reviews for all of them! All the lip sets at Boots this year were excellent value and with them being on 3 for 2 as well, it makes it even more of a bargain! I can’t wait to see what Boots have in store for us next Christmas as the sets seem to get better every year, in my opinion :)
I haven’t tried many products from Seventeen, so was intrigued by their lip crayon kit. I absolutely love lip crayons, they’re so easy and effortless, yet have a great effect. In this set you get four different lip crayons, an orangey shade, a red shade, a purpley shade and a nude-brown shade, I’m not sure on the shade names but these are sold individually in Boots and retail at £4.99 each. Considering the set cost £10 and was bought as part of the 3 for 2 promotion it worked out at about £6.66 (so around £1.66 each ish) this was an incredible bargain!
 
DSCF6741
DSCF6742
DSCF6744

The lip crayons themself are not the best formula I've ever used, they aren't as hydrating as I'd like but they don't show up any dry patches so they're definitely suitable for even the driest of lips (like mine)! These do take a few layers of application to get the full colour  payoff, but I don't mind that, they just don't glide on as easily as some of the other crayons I have.

Two of the colours are a lot less pigmented than the others; the orangey shade and the nude-brown shade. The other colours are much more pigmented and the purpley shade did stain my lips making it really quite hard to get off. I do prefer the better pigmentation though and the red shade is easily my favourite!

The finish of these lip crayons is slightly glossy, which is my favourite type of finish, I'm not a huge fan of mega glossy or ultra matte finishes, something in the middle is perfect. These lip crayons feature a twist-up function which is much more practical than the lip crayons you have to sharpen.

Below are some swatches of the lip crayons, the lip swatches are in the same order as the swatches I did on my arm (orange, red, purple, brown).
DSCF6745
DSCF6749
DSCF7479
DSCF7486
DSCF7489
DSCF7473


Overall, although I'm not crazy about these, they do the job and all shades are perfect for every day use. For the price these were incredible and even their regular £4.99 price tag is reasonable in my opinion. You can find these in five different shades online here.

Thanks for reading!

Which is your favourite shade?

Emily :) x

9 comments:

  1. That's not too bad! I like the red shade a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I love the selection of colours, perfect for all occasions :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I have these too and I like them, my favorite is the pink one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily, I nominated you for the Liebester award on my blog and so I thought I'd tell you so you could follow the steps and do it yourself. Sorry if you've already been nominated before but I thought you still might be interested:-)!
    my post can be found here: http://sarahhjones.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebester-award.html
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I RIS (for those who don't know swapper lingo that's Received In Swap) the Seventeen lip crayon in Superstar & I love it! Is this brand related to 17 magazine? Is this marketed for younger ladies?

    ReplyDelete