Thursday, 13 February 2014

Latest In Beauty: The Glamour Beauty Edit

Hey everyone,
 
Latest in Beauty have collaborated with Glamour magazine again to create another amazing Glamour Beauty Edit beauty box. For those of you that don’t know, Latest in Beauty are a beauty box company that bring out themed one off boxes on a fairly regular basis. They have done two Glamour Beauty Edit boxes in the past and in my opinion they just get better every time they bring one out, with this one being the best yet.
 
This box contains seven items all from well known and loved brands and I just couldn’t wait for this to be delivered. The boxes are priced at £14.95 (worth £45) + £3.95 postage and packaging, so works out at £18.90, which is a complete bargain. Here’s what's in the box:
 
DSCF7609
DSCF7612
DSCF7613
DSCF7615
DSCF7622
 
Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Foaming Shower Gel Sensation
 
I absolutely love these foaming shower gels from Rituals, they are my favourite shower gels by far and this scent is actually my favourite in the range! They are so creamy, velvety soft and a little goes a very, very long way, so they last ages. The scents are all nice and really refreshing, they tend to linger on the skin for a while once you're out of the bath/shower, which is always nice. I have nothing negative to say about these, they're incredible! This is a 50ml travel size, with full size (200ml) retailing at £8.50.
 
DSCF7627
 
Invisibobble
 
I've never heard of these before, I've seen other products that claim to leave your hair kink-free after having your hair tied in a ponytail, but I'd never tried any before. After just trying this out, I can't say I'm massively impressed, my hair is curly right now after french plaiting it last night, it wasn't easy to get the invisibobble out. But that might be because its covered in hair spray and is probably a little bit prone to tangling, I'm not sure, I'll try it on straight hair and see how I get on. I will say that it did have very good hold and really gripped the hair and they're super stretchy too. This pack of three retails at £3.75 and colours may vary, I'm happy I received these bright pink ones :)
 
DSCF7624
 
Percy & Reed Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse
 
I am forever on a quest to find products that inject some much needed volume into my incredibly flat hair, so I am up for trying anything. So far, all mousses have been nothing short of a hairnightmare, weighing down my hair, making it crispy and leaving it in a sticky, greasy mess, so hopefully this one will change my opinion on mousses! This is a 50ml travel size and 200ml retails at £12. Described as a light mousse that delivers soft, non-crunchy natural volume with great hold and with great reviews, I'm really looking forward to trying this out.
 
DSCF7635
 
Cowshed Cheeky 'Chat Me Up' Nail Paint
 
I had no idea this was from Cowshed, until I googled it. Although I've never used Cowshed, I know they are a well known and loved brand. I absolutely love the shade, it was really hard to photograph but its actually a beautiful pinky red, my perfect shade, I will get a lot of use out of this.This is full size and retails at £7.
 
DSCF7631
 
Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner in 'Aqua Velvet'
 
This is my first Daniel Sandler product and I've been wanting to try something from Daniel Sandler for so long! This is a bespoke shade, created especially for Glamour magazine and is described as a pretty turquoise to enhance blue and green eyes, while beautifully contrasting with hazel and brown eyes. This is definitely not a colour I would typically go for, but I'll have a play around with it and see if I can get it to work for me :) This is full size and retails at £9.25.
 
DSCF7657
 
Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with Vitamin E & Peppermint
 
Another brand I have never tried but have wanted to for a long time, my best friend absolutely loves them and is always recommending things to me, so I'm really happy that this was included in the box. I am a lip balm addict, I probably have about 30 but can't stop buying them, I do suffer with dry lips so they are essential for me and can't wait to see how this one compares to my others. This is full size and retails at £3.69.
 
DSCF7633
 
L'Oreal Paris Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara
 
This is definitely the mascara everyone is talking about right now, I keep seeing reviews everywhere. This is L'Oreal's new mascara, Miss Manga and is full size, retailing at £8.99. This is supposed to amplify upper lashes and reveal lower lashes and sounds like a great mascara from the reviews I've read, so I'm really looking forward to putting it to the test :)
 
Overall, this is an incredible box and I am so impressed with it. Such a great selection and I love when these beauty boxes aren't just full up with 15ml skincare samples, I'm just really not that into skincare, I much prefer makeup. This box is so varied, with products for lips, eyes, body, hair and nails and not a cleanser or moisturiser sample in sight!
 
If you like the look of this box you can buy it for £18.90 including P+P here!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a unique box! Thanks for sharing and the reviews!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is a great mix of products! No problem! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. The Burts Bees Lip Balm is my absolute favorite chapstick!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good news, I'm really looking forward to trying it now :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! I am very intrigued by L'Oreal Miss Manga. We don't have it where I'm at yet, but I did a Google Images search and was so impressed by how it looks on others.

    http://chicandalluring.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does look like a great mascara, can't wait to try it out :) xxx

      Delete