Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Glossybox: February 2014

Hey everyone,
 
I received my February Glossybox as I was opening my birthday presents on Saturday morning, so it was like receiving a little extra birthday treat! :) This month's theme was 'Be Mine' and is all about embracing all things 'love', and even features a gorgeous limited edition Valentines box. I don't really know what the theme means exactly, but this was a great box and I was mostly very impressed with the contents of this month's box so I'm not too bothered about the theme!
 
This month 3/5 products I received were full size and I also got a little extra chocolately treat too, all in a all a great result for a beauty box. I had redeemed enough Glossy Dots to get this month's box free as well so that was an added bonus! :)
 
Here's what I got in this month's box:
 
DSCF8262
DSCF8264
DSCF8265
DSCF8266
DSCF8271
DSCF8287
DSCF8297
 
Eldora Eyelashes in 'H154'
 
These false eyelashes are huge and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing lashes that are so dramatic, but I will definitely give them a go. I really like the style of them, its just the size that puts me off a bit. I have never heard of Eldora before but their website has such a massive range of handmade false lashes and there really are some gorgeous styles. These particular lashes retail at £3.90 for one pair.
 
DSCF8294
 
Maybelline Master Kajal Liner
 
I had no idea that a kajal liner was the same as a kohl liner, but now I do! I am so glad I received this in my box, I am desperate for a new kohl eyeliner, mine keep breaking every time I sharpen them and I recently bought a Dior and also a Clinque screw up liner and both have never screwed up so I only got about two uses out of them! I really need a new eyeliner and this one looks very good, this is full size and retails at £5.99. This is described as a cream-stick liner and is in the shade 'pitch black'.
 
DSCF8298
 
Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer
 
Nougat London is a British brand that are completely new to me, so I will definitely be checking out their website later. I have never heard of a sparkling body shimmer before and apparently it is used to add radiance to your skincare regime. It is a body lotion which leaves your skin with a hint of sparkle and luxuriously perfumed. They suggest you use this on your decolletage to create a glowing effect. This is a 100ml sample size and full size (250ml) retails at £14. I'm intrigued by this product but not sure if its for me!
 
DSCF8303
DSCF8305
 
Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Stick It Up Gum
 
This is a full size product retailing at £7.90 and as soon as I saw it I knew it wouldn't suit my hair type, this is for short or layered hair, my hair is very long and all one length so definitely not suitable for me. I told my Fiance to try this and it didn't work for his very short hair, it had very little hold and really did absolutely nothing for his hair. I have no use for this and know no one that this would be suitable for so it will be going in the bin!
 
DSCF8290
 
Ciate Paint Pot in 'Kiss Chase'
 
This is the perfect bubblegum pink and I absolutely love it. I wear pink nail polish all the time and this is such a vibrant pretty shade. Ciate are one of my favourite nail polish brands and this is a full size product retailing at £9. Very, very pleased I received a full size Ciate Paint Pot in such a beautiful shade! I am going to apply this today :)
 
DSCF8289
 
Lindt Lindor Treat Bar
 
This was a little added treat included in this month's box and I actually ate it while I was writing this post (oops) and it was delicious! I love chocolate and Lindt are one of my favourites. This was a generous sized chocolate bar and they retail at 79p each.
 
Overall, there were a few products that weren't suited to me, but there were three products perfectly suited to me that covered the cost of the box and more, so I'm happy! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Glossybox?
 
Emily :) x 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great box, I knew this would happen after I cancelled last month haha! Not too great for me to sign up though. I love the sound of the Toni and Guy product, that's the one I'm really annoyed at having missed as I have short layered hair and love anything that gives me some texture. Sorry you didn't get on with it though, so annoying when the beauty profile isn't used x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its always the case isn't it?! Yes, it just isn't suited to my hair type at all, which is a shame! Sounds like it would have been perfect for you though! xxx

      Delete
  2. That looks like a fantastic box! I love the Ciate and eyeliner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're my favourites too :D It was a good box :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a lovely box! The nail polish shade looks pretty!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail polish is gorgeous, I love it! It is a really lovely box :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Whomever came up with the idea to include a sweet treat in a beauty box is a genius! Lol. I'm a subscriber of several beauty boxes, and none has ever included anything edible, let alone chocolate.

    Chic and Alluring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Quite often we get little chocolate treats, I think its much nicer than when they include a tiny sample of perfume etc :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow those are great products! That hair goo doesn't look great, but everything else, I would looove to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a really good value for money box :) The hair stuff wasn't for me, definitely suited to a very particular hair type! xxx

      Delete