Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Favourites: January 2014

Hey everyone,
I can’t believe January is over, its flown by and now its February 5th which means I will be 21 in 10 days! :) I’ve had loads of favourites this month, but I’ve picked six to show you and all of them are products I’ve been reaching for so much recently.
I've been trying to experiment a bit more with my makeup and try some different things, nothing major, I've been using cream blushes instead of powder and also trying some different eyeliner/shadow looks. I've also been wearing lipglosses a bit more, I haven't included them in this post but now I'm a massive fan of Illamsqua's Intenses Lipglosses, so look out for a review on those soon :)
Here's my January favourites:
DSCF7536
DSCF7538
DSCF7540
Urban Decay Naked Palette
First up is the ridiculously popular Naked palette by Urban Decay. I was late on the band wagon with this one, I bought it about eight months ago and didn't really use it very much to begin with but as I've got more and more into eyeshadows I use it a hell of a lot now and I'm desperate for the Naked 2 and 3 palettes! The quality of these eyeshadows are incredible and they're just so velvety and easy to blend. They're faultless really. I love the colour choice and use different combinations all the time! This is something I've been using a lot throughout January and I just love it! :)
DSCF7542
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
Another very popular product is the Effaclar Duo from La Roche-Posay. I had a breakout at the beginning of the month and I just applied this every evening and within four days it was more or less completely cleared up and a week later my skin was blemish free! This is a holy grail product for me and I recommend it to everyone prone to mild breakouts, I'm not sure if it will work for more serious acne but its definitely worth a go! I've just ordered the new Effaclar Duo+, can't wait to try it out :)
DSCF7544
DSCF7548
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Palette in 'Fraicheur Rosee'
Another eyeshadow palette! I got this as part of the Lancome Christmas Beauty Box, but it is available to buy seperately. This past week I have worn this every single day, I can't get enough of it. The plum and peachy shades work beautifully together and it makes a change from the browns/beiges that I usually go for. They are lovely and soft and blend beautifully together and although you can't really create tonnes of different looks, I've been wearing more or less the same one every day and I've been loving it! Full review coming soon :)
DSCF7555
DSCF7556
Illamasqua Cream Pigment in 'Androgen'
Sorry about the big grubby finger print and dent, I didn't take any pictures before I had used this (bad blogging mistake)! This cream pigment is suitable for eyes, lips and cheeks, although I just use it on my cheeks. I don't really wear cream blushes, but I've been reaching for this so much lately, it gives a lovely dewy effect, lasts all day and is super pigmented. I just love the colour too, such a beautiful salmon pink. I apply this with my finger and it blends beautifully for a really natural effect.
DSCF7561
DSCF7563
Dior Addict Extreme '643 Diablotine Extreme'
This is something I got in the summer last year and wore it a lot in the summer and recently rediscovered it. Its a lovely corally-red and although its more of a summery shade, I've been wearing it a lot more when I want a bolder lip to go with a subtle eye look. It is super hydrating, yet pigmented too and it feels really light on the lips. Although this isn't my typical go-to shade, the formula keeps me going back for more!
DSCF7571
DSCF7578
Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick in 'Inspired'
This is a sample size that I received in my Sephora ultimate lip sampler set. I have one of these lipsticks in a coral shade and they are incredible, but this shade is just so beautiful and I have nothing like it in my huge collection! Definitely in my top 5 lipsticks, the formula is second to none, I find it so hard to find a lipstick suitable for my dry lips especially matte or semi-matte lipstick, yet this lipstick is semi-matte and works great with my lips. This is a rose pink colour and it just looks amazing on, I've received lots of compliments when wearing this. Its really pigmented, lasts well and now I cannot wait for Tarte to come to the UK (they are launching on QVC UK in March), because I will definitely be ordering the full size of this and hopefully some other shades too!
So these are just some of the incredible products I've been loving this month and some of them I'm sure will be favourites for a long while to come.

Thanks for reading!

Have you tried any of these products? :)

Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. That Tarte lipstick looks amazing! I love the Naked palette - probably my favorite.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous, I love it! Yes, its probably my favourite too :) xxx

      Delete