Friday, 21 February 2014

Birchbox: February 2014

Hey everyone,
 
I actually forgot to post this, I received this about a week ago, oops! This month's Birchbox is great (although I don't think I've had a Birchbox I haven't loved yet). Although there is only one full size product out of the five (plus an extra chocolatey treat), I don't think it matters; the sample sizes are all perfectly reasonable and theres such a great range of products in this month's box.
 
I really like the idea of the five little cards included in this box too. On one side is a little inspirational quote and on the other are some great tips; including how to apply liquid eyeliner correctly. These are quick and simple to read and if you wanted to re-use them, you can. For example, I've seen some subscribers saying that they are going to make a collage out of the quotes or even just frame one of them, which I think is a great idea.
 
There is also a little card that says 'we've partnered with Lulu Guinness for your March box'. This is so exciting to me, I really can't wait to see how Lulu Guinness is going to feature in next month's box! :)
 
Here's what I got inside my February box:
 
DSCF7945DSCF7946DSCF7983DSCF7981DSCF7977DSCF7947DSCF7950DSCF7957
 
Beauty Protector 'Protect and Oil'
 
I don't know anything about this brand, they don't seem to be readily available in the UK, so this is a great opportunity to try out a new brand. This is a exclusive launch for Birchbox, and is described as a nourishing hail oil, that battles UV rays, heat and breakage. Really easy to use, you just work 1-3 drops into damp hair, or to dry ends and is meant to be perfectly suitable for all hair types. Although this is only a sample size (full size retails at £16), there is still probably 10-15ml of product, which is quite a lot considering you only have to use 1-3 drops of product. I'm really excited to use this, this sounds perfect!
 
DSCF7955
 
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
 
This is the eyeliner Alexa Chung favours for her iconic feline flicks, how could I be disappointed to receive this in my box?! I've been wanting to try this liquid eyeliner for so long, its often described as foolproof which sounds pretty good to me! I use liquid eyeliner most days, so I'm always up for testing out a new one. This is a mini version, full size retails at £12, which is £8 cheaper than my current favourite (Lancome's Artliner), so I'm hoping it can become my new favourite liquid eyeliner! This eyeliner has a precision pen tip which ensures a neat line and is also very easy to create a line as thin or as thick as you desire.
 
DSCF7962
 
Urban Veda Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish
 
I have heard of Urban Veda before, but have never used any of their products. In beauty boxes, I really don't like receiving tiny samples of cleansers or toners, because I don't use them very much and when I do, I prefer to use a cleanser and toner from the same brand. Whereas, any sort of moisturisers, serums, face masks, exfoliators etc, I am really happy to receive and love trying new skincare brands. I have to use exfoliating products a lot due to my really dry t-zone, but have actually tried very few different brands/methods, so I'm very happy to try new products and this was the perfect skincare product for me to receive! This is a 20ml sample, with full size (125ml) retailing at £8.99. Described as a gentle exfoliator, packed with superfruits for a radiant and youthful complexion, you massage the product into damp skin 2-3 times a week.
 
DSCF7965
 
Leighton Denny 'Instant Abstract' Special Effect Nail Colour
 
This is a full size Leighton Denny nail polish worth £11! I have never tried Leighton Denny before, but have always wanted to, I just found it hard to justify the price tag. This isn't actually a nail polish, its more a special effect top coat. It is made up of various different sizes of black and white hexagons and also little thin rectangular shapes too. I really like this and it makes a change to have a special effect top coat, instead of just a regular nail polish. 
 
DSCF7976
 
Gilchrist & Soames Shower Gel
 
Gilchrist & Soames are completely new brand to me, which is nice, Its so exciting discovering new brands! I love the smell of this, it just reminds me of shower gels you get in posh hotels. This is a 45ml travel size bottle, full size (236ml) retails at £13.75. This shower gel features a paraben-free formula with red tea, grape seed and milk thistle to refresh and hydrate skin.
 
DSCF7953
 
Green & Black's Dark 70% Chocolate
 
As a little added 'lifestyle extra' treat we received this mini Green and Black's chocolate bar which is nice. I'm really not that into dark chocolate though, so I will be giving this to my mum! But its so nice to have a little extra something and if this was milk chocolate, it would have lasted no more than five seconds from me seeing it before it was being consumed!
 
Overall, I absolutely love this box. It has a bit of everything; makeup, hair, nails, skincare, bodycare and even chocolate! I absolutely love all five products included and everything is completely suited to me!
 
If you decide to subscribe to Birchbox now, you will receive the February box, or if you want to wait and subscribe in March to receive the March box to see what the Lulu Guinness feature may be, then please, in both cases, use my unique link HERE! If you subscribe through that link, you receive £5 to spend in the e-store and so will I, so its a nice treat for both of us :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Birchbox?
 
Emily :) x 

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks really good! My favorites would be the nail polish and chocolate. Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was really good too! I love the nail polish too :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks great! The eyeliner looks amazing! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the eyeliner looks really good too :D xxx

      Delete