Monday, 13 January 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box December 2013

Hey everyone,
 
I wanted to show you a new type of beauty box subscription that I discovered in December. Sorry its so late though, I had some problems with my account and wanted to make sure that it was all sorted before I recommended You Beauty Discovery to you all. Thankfully the team at You Beauty Discovery sorted everything out for me and they were brilliant, it just took much longer because it all happened over the Christmas period.
 
This is definitely a different concept to regular beauty box subscriptions like Birchbox and Glossybox for example. With You Beauty Discovery, each month a shortlist of products are published on the site, you then pick your two favourite items to be included in your box and they also send you some little surprise extras in your box too. For £6.95 a month, including postage and packaging, this is much cheaper than Birchbox and Glossybox (£12.95 a month) and you know you're going to get products that you like/will use.

This is excellent value for money and is a great, cheaper alternative to some of the other beauty boxes on the market. Here's what I got in my December box:
 
DSCF6323
DSCF6329
DSCF6351
DSCF6352
DSCF6353
DSCF6355
 
Magnifibres Brush-On False Lashes
 
I picked this because the concept is just so exciting and retailing at £20 everywhere else, this alone made the box incredible value for money! The idea behind this is that you apply it (as you would a normal mascara) after a coat of your regular mascara (whilst it is still wet) and the little fibres from Magnifibres adhere to the lashes for a glamorous, yet natural effect. You then wait 30-60 seconds and apply a second coat of your normal mascara to cover the white fibres. I am so excited to try this as I've never seen anything like it before and lets be honest, what girl doesn't always strive for bigger lashes?! I'm rubbish at applying false lashes so this is a really great alternative. I will do a full review on this when I have tested it out and do before and after photos.
 
DSCF6342
DSCF6343
DSCF6350

LOLA Matt Long Lasting Lipstick in 'Vamp'

The second item I chose to be included in my box was this beautiful lipstick, which retails at £12 which you can buy along with other shades at Marks and Spencer. You couldn't pick a shade but it was only between two shades, the other being 'Minx' a browny pink nude, I had my fingers crossed for 'Vamp', a gorgeous purpley red perfect for autumn/winter, so was very happy when that was the one that I received! This is described as having a 'velvety cream' formula that provides an 'immaculate, intense and enduring colour'. I have tried this and it is such a striking colour, I'm not sure if I can pull it off, but it does have a lovely formula, I was expecting it to be a nightmare with my dry lips but it isn't bad at all :) UPDATE: The more I'm wearing this the more I'm loving it, I'm getting used to the shock of such a bold colour and I'm so impressed with it! Full review coming soon!
 
DSCF6341
DSCF6334
DSCF6337

Extras

 My little extras included were a sample of Jimmy Choo's Flash perfume which is really nice and a mini bar of Green & Black's Milk Chocolate with Raisins and Hazelnuts. I don't like raisins or nuts so this will be going to my Mum or Dad, but its nice to recieve some little surprises and it all comes packaged in a nice little box which will be perfect for storage!

Overall, so impressed with this box that has a £32 value, not including the little extras and I payed a mere £6.95 for the lot! Two full size products, which quite often you don't receive in the main beauty boxes, so very pleased with my You Beauty Discovery box!

This box is not available anymore but the January shortlist is up now :)

Thanks for reading!

What do you think of the You Beauty Discovery boxes?

Emily :) x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment