Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Shopping My Sample Stash #1: Monu Moisturiser, Monu Primer, Ren Day Cream and Philosophy Cleanser Skincare Reviews.

Hey everyone,
 
So, I seem to have acquired a rather huge amount of samples over the past year and I am desperately trying to get through some of them, so thought I would start doing some posts with mini reviews on some of the products I have been trying lately.
 
I have four products that I have been trying out over the past week; Monu’s Hydrating Moisturiser, Monu’s Illuminating Primer, Ren’s Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream and Philosophy’s Purity cleanser. I have mixed opinions on these products and some of them I will definitely not be repurchasing.
 
DSCF4846 
DSCF4855
 
Monu's Hydrating Moisturiser SPF 15
 
First up I have a moisturiser from Monu, that retails at £29.95 for 50ml. I have a 30ml sample and after a few uses, I can say I definitely don't get on with this moisturiser, its very light and I prefer a thicker, heavy duty moisturiser. It smells horrible, I can't describe it but I can't bare the smell of it, its not scented and I much prefer products that have a nice scent. This takes ages to sink into the skin and does not hydrate the skin at all, my skin can get incredibly dry and after a week of using this my skin was so dry it was peeling, within two days of switching back to my Lancome moisturiser, no sign of any dry skin.
 
I definitely wouldn't recommend this and although I don't enjoy writing negative reviews, this was just a terrible product for me.
 
DSCF4847
 
 
Philosophy's Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes
 
I have this 30ml sample of Philosophy's Purity cleanser and 30ml lasted me a good two-three weeks using it once a day. My skin remained clear the whole time I was using this and it is a really good cleanser that I would definitely repurchase. The only thing I could say that I don't like about it, is the scent. It smells like when you go into your loft, that dusty smell with a tiny hint of lemon, lemony dust is the best way to describe it! Its not revolting but its not pleasant either, but you do rinse it off so it doesn't linger at all. Overall this kept my skin clean and clear and the squeezy top made it really easy to use and I really enjoyed this :) 90ml retails at £8, which is pretty reasonable because you only need to use a pea-sized amount.
 
DSCF4850
 
Ren's Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream
 
This day cream by Ren is aimed at sensitive skin and is free from all parabens, sulfates and so many other nasties. I have a 15ml sample and the full size 50ml product retails at £27. This is another product with a scent that is totally unappealing, its definitely the best out of these four samples I've tried but its definitely not a nice scent. Again, this is a light moisturiser which I would never go for, but it sinks into the skin quickly and definitely provides some hydration to the skin. I do like this but not enough to repurchase, but if you do like your skincare natural and free from nasties, or you suffer from sensitive skin, this could be great for you!
 
DSCF4852
 
Monu's Illuminating Primer SPF 15
 
Another Monu product, another disappointment. This smells exactly the same as the Monu moisturiser and it is such a horrible scent, even if I liked the results I couldn't put that on my face every day. I got no results with this primer, it didn't make my makeup last any longer than normal and although it does provide a slight illuminating sheen effect to the skin, its definitely not worth the £22 price tag for 50ml. I have a 20ml sample and after a couple of uses, I know this isn't the product for me.
 
So, this week, shopping my sample stash didn't end up with me finding four new amazing products, I did find a cleanser that I wil definitely be repurchasing, so I am happy with that :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of thes brands/products?
 
Emily :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment