Thursday, 16 January 2014

First Impressions: Sephora Give Me More Lip Ultimate Lip Sampler (16 Lip Products Including: Tarte, Laura Mericer, Too Faced, OCC, Kat Von D and many more)

Hey everyone,
For Christmas my wonderful Fiance bought me the Sephora exclusive gift set ‘Give Me More Lip’ which is a set of 16 different lip products, 4 of which are full size the others are deluxe sample sizes. I had been wanting it for so long, but obviously living in the UK, I couldn’t purchase it. Then I found it on Rose's Beauty Store, an amazing online store that imports American brands into the UK, so I was really happy and excited to receive it for Christmas.
This is just a first impressions post, I want to do swatches and proper reviews of the stand out products individually as this is no longer available to buy so would rather review items singularly. I think these sets are released for Christmas, so everyone should keep their eyes peeled at the end of 2014 to see what they bring out, and everyone in the UK can head to Rose’s Beauty Store if they do want to purchase a set :)

This set was sold for $59 (£36.94) in the US, with a huge value of $209! This was priced at £59 on Rose's Beauty Store to allow for postage and customs charges, which I think is very reasonable. So I paid £59 for £126.87 worth of amazing lip products all by very well known brands :)
DSCF7107
DSCF7111
DSCF7114
DSCF7163
DSCF7117

Here are all the lip products in all their glory, I tried to show the size differences, so you can see they're not all full size. It comes all packaged in a nice pink Sephora box which I will use to keep something in as its very sturdy. When I opened the box I was so surprised at the sizes and colours, I think pretty much every shade they used I would have picked myself and I'm quite fussy so it was amazing that I liked every single one!
DSCF7119

OCC Lip Tar in 'Strumpet'

First up is this full sized Lip Tar from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics called 'Strumpet', described as a 'seedless grape red', I would say its a deep purpley red, such a beautiful shade, perfect for autumn/winter. I have already got an OCC Lip Tar but its a really vibrant shade not suitable for every day wear, whereas this is a much more wearable shade which is great as the formula of these Lip Tars is incredible. This retails at £11.50 and it is definitely worth the price tag. These are very, very pigmented, non-drying (even though they are matte) and last for hours, no complaints with this formula at all.
DSCF7120

Hourglass Cosmetics Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in 'Icon'

I have wanted to try one of the Liquid Lipsticks from Hourglass for so long, I keep seeing great reviews pop up everywhere for them, so this is a product I am really excited to try. Icon is a very deep bluey red, it was hard to photograph, its a much deeper red than the picture shows. This is just under a third of the size of the full size version (0.10oz), but full size retails at £22, so its a great way for me to try it out first :) These Liquid Lipsticks are described as 'richly pigmented and silky smooth matte lip colour that delivers 14 hours of continuous wear without flaking or dryness'. Can't complain with that, can you?!
DSCF7121
DSCF7123

Too Faced La Creme Colour Drenched Lip Cream in 'Marshmallow Bunny'

This is full size and retails at £18, I already have two of these and they have one of the best formulas I have ever come across. This shade, 'Marshmallow Bunny', is a perfect pale pink and I'm really lucky as I nearly ordered this before Christmas forgetting that it was in this set, so I am so happy this was included as it is such a beautiful shade. These aren't intensely pigmented like the Lip Tars for example but they are still pigmented enough and are extremely hydrating.
DSCF7127
DSCF7126

Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in 'Menace'

Menace is a rich wine shade, another one perfect for autumn/winter. These lipsticks are described as 'rebelliously vivid, full-coverage lip colour with a dual-phase plumping effect and seductive satin finish', which sounds pretty good to me! This has 0.4oz of product and full size is 0.13, so just under a third of the full sized version which retails at $21 (£12.75). I have never used Buxom before, they're not available in the UK, so I'm really intrigued to try them out. This is another gorgeous shade and the formula sounds good too so everything looks very impressive so far :) 
DSCF7129

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 'Dolce'

I don't really own any liquid lipsticks, so I'm really pleased to see some included in this set. This is a third of the size of a full sized Stila Liquid Lipstick, which retails at £15 in the UK. This is a peachy nude shade and I'm not sure how it'll suit my skin tone, but fingers crossed it will look ok :) Once applied this dries to a matte finish and is said to be long-lasting, extremely pigmented but is also said to be drying, so would be best to apply a lip balm on top once it has dried.
DSCF7130
DSCF7161

Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick in 'Inspired'

I have tried one of these Tarte lipsticks before and they are so lovely, last ages, great pigmentation and have a wonderful formula, so I was so happy to receive a new shade to try out. These lipsticks are expensive ($26 in the US but £29.99 on Rose's Beauty Store), so I didn't think I would ever be trying another one at that price! This isn't full size (full size is huge, one of the biggest lipsticks I own), but its a decent enough sample size. I really love the shade, described as 'dusty rose', its a mid toned pink, so pretty. Like I said, the formula of these is amazing, so I can't wait to see if this shade is as nice as the other shade I own ('Bold' - which is a coral shade).
DSCF7132
DSCF7134

Stila Colour Balm Lipstick in 'Sonya'

Although this is a quarter of the size of a full size Stila Colour Balm Lipstick, it will still give me plenty of applications! This lipstick is described as 'creamy' with a 'full load of pigment with the nourishing properties of a balm', which sounds pretty good to me! My favourite lip products tend to be tinted balms/moisturising lipsticks so this is definitely my ideal lip product. This is a deep blue-toned pink and it looks gorgeous, my type of colour completely.
DSCF7136

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in 'White Russian'

Buxom is not available in the UK, so its great to be able to try a new brand. This is a very decent sized sample, half the size of the full sized product (which is 4ml) retailing at $19. This is a lip gloss and is described as a 'creamy, pout-perfecting gloss for voluptuous lips'. I don't often use lip glosses but it makes a nice change when I do wear one. White Russian is a gorgeous nude pink shade and I really hope it isn't a sticky lipgloss because it really does look lovely!
DSCF7137
DSCF7140

Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in 'Adora'

Kat Von D is also a brand not available in the UK and I haven't tried any of their products yet. This range of lipsticks is described as a 'collection of lipsticks in groundbreaking metallic shades', claiming to make your lips look like 'they're gift-wrapped in coloured metallic foil', this sounds so unique. Boasting a 'high-pigment formulation' giving you a 'burst of colour with awesome shimmer effects'. I definitely don't own anything like this! Although this is such a tiny little lipstick, its adorable, I think its about a third of the full sized version which retails at $19 in the US or £21.99 on Rose's Beauty Store.
DSCF7141

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in 'Bare Naked'

I have tried one product from Laura Mercier (their tinted moisturiser) and was so impressed so I have high hopes for this now! These are available in the UK and retail at £18.50 for the full sized version, this sample is over the half of the full sized version, so a very decent size. This shade is described as a 'beige champagne', it has a very soft shimmer and is essentially just a standard nude shade, I don't own any nude lip products at all really, so its nice to receive some in this set! Described as a 'sheer, high-shine gloss' that can be worn alone or layered over a lip colour to add a 'touch of lustre' to the lips.
DSCF7144

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in 'Pout'

Smashbox are available in the UK and a full sized Lip Enhancing Gloss will set you back £15. This is 2/3rds of the size of a full sized Smashbox lip gloss, so an excellent sample size. Pout is a sheer pastel pink shade and looks so pretty! These lipglosses are described as sheer and ultra-moisturising, perfect for the winter months when I'm suffering badly with dry, chapped lips!
DSCF7146

Kat Von D Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick in 'Backstage Bambi'

Really happy to see another liquid lipstick as they are totally new to me. These retail at $19 in the US or £21.99 on Rose's Beauty Store in the UK. This is so garish, described as a 'bold pink', its the ultimate hot pink. These liquid lipsticks are described as 'richly pigmented with a long-lasting, dramatic finish'. This is a colour I can't see me getting away with on a trip to my local shops, so I'm not sure when I'll get an opportunity to wear this, but for girls that brave a bold lip, this would be perfect for you! This isn't full-sized but its a huge sample size.
DSCF7148
DSCF7150

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in 'Pomegranate'

Bite Beauty are another brand currently unavailable in the UK and I honestly don't know anything about them, so this is a totally new brand for me. This is over half the size of the full sized version which retails at $24, which for a lip crayon is pretty expensive, so I'm hoping this lives up to its price tag. Pomegranate is a rich red and these lip crayons are described as long-lasting with a matte finish. Another lovely shade that I can't wait to try out!
DSCF7151
DSCF7152

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in 'Never Say Never'

These are available in the UK and cost £16 usually, but are currently on sale at BeautyBay for £11.84 each. Never Say Never is a bright bubblegum pink colour, which is great because I've been opting for a pink lip more and more recently. These lipsticks are described as creamy, super-saturated and ultrapigmented with full-coverage and a rich, satin finish. This is one of the four full sized lip products included.
DSCF7154
DSCF7156

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in 'Nylon Nude'

Nylon Nude is such a pretty pale peachy nude shade which I'm hoping will be perfect for my pale skin tone. This is the last full size product in the set and is also easily available in the UK, retailing at £15.50. These lipsticks come in cream and matte shades, I'm pretty sure Nylon Nude is a cream shade. 'Guaranteed to keep your lips feeling smooth and looking marvelous', I'm really hoping it lives up to this claim!
DSCF7157
DSCF7159

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in 'N45 Red'

Lastly, there is this Make Up For Ever lipstick in 'Red'. Make Up For Ever are quite hard to find in the UK, but you can find most of their products on Guru Makeup Emporium, a reliable site I have ordered Make Up For Ever products from in the past, they sell this lipstick for £17.50. Described as a satin red, this is the perfect pin up red lipstick. These lipsticks are described as 'ultra creamy' with a 'translucent soft, shiny finish'.

So, overall I am utterly amazed with this set and I wish something like this was readily available in the UK, or even better, bring Sephora to the UK! I think most beauty lovers will agree that this set is amazing and I feel so lucky to have been able to get one here in the UK. I am sure Sephora will bring out similar sets next winter (I'm sure they do summer exclusive collection boxes too), so keep your eyes peeled and if you're in the UK, definitely have a look on Rose's Beauty Store if you do see anything you like currently available on the Sephora site.

I can't wait to bring you some individual reviews of these products :)

Thanks for reading!

What do you think of the Sephora Give Me More Lip Ultimate Lip Sampler Set?

Emily :) x

6 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing collection, some great brands in there and at such a great price! I would love to go to a Sephora- hurry up UK! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Sephora have got to come to the UK, I don't understand why they don't! :( xxx

      Delete
  2. They are all gorgeous! I love the nude smashbox lipstick :) xxx
    kathrynscupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with all of them! The nude lipstick is gorgeous :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing, I need this! Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist it! Definitely one of the best sets I have ever come across :) xxx

      Delete