Monday, 6 January 2014

Favourites: December 2013

Hey everyone,
 
I discovered lots of new products, but also rediscovered some old products in December and I’m sure I’ll discover many more favourites in the next few weeks as I still have so many products that I received as Christmas presents that I still haven’t tried! I have been loving so many things in December, I just picked the first things I thought of :)
 
So, here's my favourite products of December 2013!
 
DSCF7021
DSCF7073
DSCF7074
 
Macadamia Oil No Tangle Brush
 
I got this hairbrush for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I already have a Tangle Teezer, which is great also, but I think I prefer this one now. I have really long hair, past waist length and it gets really tangled and it used to take me about 3/4 minutes to brush my hair but now with this brush, it takes me about 30 seconds. This is slightly cheaper than a Tangle Teezer too, costing about £7.50, but it is worth every penny!
 
DSCF7045
 
Bomb Cosmetics Oil Burner and Little Hotties Wax Melts
 
I've recently really got into scented candles and my lovely Fiance got me this for Christmas. I have never tried wax melts before and didn't really know what to expect but these are amazing. They seem to be stronger in scent than candles and are relatively cheap. You can choose four scents in your 'Little Hotties' pack and you can burn one wax melt on its own or mix up two, three or four different scents to create your own scent! I am going to do a proper review of this soon as I absolutely love it, so I won't write too much about it now :)
 
DSCF7036
DSCF7037
 
Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in 'Taupe'
 
I got this from Rose's Beauty Store (an amazing online store that imports brands only available in the US to the UK) months ago but I've recently started using it again and I can't stop using it, its amazing. This is quite expensive if you buy it in the UK (£28.99) but is only $28 if you live in the US. I think you could use this every single day and it would last over a year, they're so much longer lasting than eyebrow pencils and so easy to use. This does also come with a brush (pictured) that works perfectly with the product. This gives the most flawless finish and enhances the natural brow perfectly without looking too false and it lasts all day!
 
DSCF7038
DSCF7039
 
Lipstick Queen Lipstick in 'Medieval'
 
I actually won a set of three Lipstick Queen lipsticks about eight months ago in a competition and didn't really use them much, but I have been using them pretty much every day for the last month, with 'Medieval' being my favourite. They are sheer lipsticks but give such a lovely wash of colour and they are super hydrating. They probably last 2-3 hours without needing a top up and they are perfect for every day wear!
 
DSCF7049
DSCF7050 
 
Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
 
I got this sample sized mascara from Chanel free with something I bought from Debenhams a few months ago. I rarely stray from my favourite YSL mascara, but as I had never tried anything from Chanel, I thought I'd give this a go and I really liked it! It is not something I would wear every day, but it is great when you want those really dramatic, thick long lashes. It has a pretty big brush, which I'm not used to, but it doesn't clump and really does give a false lash effect. I'm definitely thinking about purchasing the full size version.
 
DSCF7048
 
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in 'Nude'
 
I got this in a Glossybox a few months ago and hadn't used it as I'm more of a medium-full coverage foundation kind of gal. A few days ago I decided to test it out and I am so glad I did because I am a total convert. I have ordered a full size tube after only wearing it once as I was seriously impressed. With foundation I've been finding recently it clings to my dry skin making it look so much worse and always settles into my smile lines which looks horrible! I tried this and it hydrates my skin so doesn't cling to any dry skin and it gives the perfect amount of coverage. This will definitely be replacing my foundation routine while my skin is so dry!
 
DSCF7040
DSCF7042
 
bareMinerals Pout Loud and Clear Lip Sheer in 'Pink Pulse'
 
I got this in a set in the Christmas sales and I'm really loving these sheer lipsticks at the moment. This gives a lovely pink glossy effect and I've been reaching for this ever since I bought the set. I will definitely be delving more into the world of bareMinerals after trying these lovely sheer lipsticks out :)
 
DSCF7030
DSCF7027
 
Question a Day 5 Year Journal
 
I got this for Christmas and I think its such a great idea. You can start them any day of the year and the concept is that you answer the same question on the same date every year for five years to see how much your answers change over that period of time. I think its such a nice idea and I absolutely love the old fashioned style of the cover and also the shiny gold pages, it looks great on my bedside unit :) It costs under £10 so is great to give as a gift to someone or also as a treat for yourself!
 
I absolutely love finding new products that work well for me, but I also love rediscovering old products, so this month has been great for me. I could have put so many more products into this post as there has been so much I have loved in December :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What are some of your favourites of December 2013?
 
Emily :) x
 

6 comments:

  1. Really wish they sold Tarte in the UK! Great post!

    Samantha xo
    sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get Tarte in the UK from rosesbeautystore.com, they're very reliable and all products are genuine :D Thank you! xxx

      Delete
  2. that brow mousse looks so good, i really wanna try it out!
    http://amberblogposts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely :D definitely recommend it :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I have been loving my Milani baked blush in Rose Vino since I got it early December. I provides a beautiful natural red flush to the cheeks. How neat to have found a site that imports US items to the UK - any idea of a site that does the reverse? The UK have some great things I would love to try.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh that sounds lovely. I have no idea, sorry! I just found Rose's Beauty Store by typing into Google 'Tarte in the UK' so maybe you might find something similar doing the same thing? :) xxx

      Delete