Thursday, 23 January 2014

Birchbox January 2014

Hey everyone,
 
Birchbox have really impressed me in the last few months, I was so shocked when they included the Laura Mercier products and have since stopped wearing foundation and now use Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser instead, something I never ever expected, being someone that wears medium-full coverage foundations. So they have introduced to me to one of my new favourite products and changed my whole perception on foundations vs tinted moisturisers now.
 
I knew Birchbox were including a Benefit product in this month's box which is another high end brand that I absolutely love. This month's box was another excellent one with some amazing brands included. This month's theme was 'Tiny Tweaks', which focuses on making small daily changes that will make a big difference by the end of the year. I love this theme, its perfect for January and I definitely intend to start improving my skincare routine this month.
 
Here's what was in the January box:
 
DSCF7248
DSCF7249
DSCF7250
DSCF7253
DSCF7254
DSCF7258
 
Delarom Acquaconfort Mask
 
I've never heard of Delarom before but I absolutely love hydration masks. They are essential for my super dry skin, especially in the winter months. This is described as a smooth hydrating mask to nourish the skin and restore suppleness and vitality, you apply to dry skin, leave on for 5-10 minutes and wipe off. This is a 15ml sample and 50ml retails at £24, so quite a generous sample size!
 
DSCF7261
 
Benefit's Porefessional Primer
 
I absolutely love Benefit and one of my favourite products is their Porefessional primer, I use it every day. It blurs the pores and makes them less visible and creates a smooth, velvety base for your makeup. It also has a semi-matte effect which is perfect as my skin is quite shiny. I find this hydrating, not drying in the slightest, it does have a relatively hefty price tag but it lasts so long! This is a 7.5ml sample and full size (22ml) retails at £24.50, so its another generous sized sample and its perfect for popping in your handbag for touch ups.
 
DSCF7263
 
Premae Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil
 
I haven't tried many products from Premae, but I did attend an event at the Premae HQ, and I tried and tested some beautiful products and they really are a great brand. This is described as 'cardio in a bottle' and claims to moisturise, tone and detoxify the skin and is meant to be particularly good for reducing cellulite. This is a 20ml sample, full size (100ml) retails at £9.50.
 
DSCF7262
 
Rodial Glamtox Night
 
I have never tried any Rodial products, due to their extremely high cost. This is a 15ml sample with full size (30ml) retailing at £90! I couldn't believe it, but I have looked on several sites and the price and size is the same, that means this tiny sample is worth £45, wow. I have extremely high hopes for this product, but even if it changes my skin completely, there's no way I can afford £90 for 30ml of cream. This is described as super-hydrating and claims to smooth the complexion, reduce pore size and plumps fine lines. I am extremely excited to try such a luxurious product.
 
DSCF7265
 
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
 
This is another very well known product, that I haven't tried, although I do have some samples somewhere that I completely forgot about. This is described as a hair saviour and claims to strengthen, nourish and protect breakages. This is a hair mask, you work this through damp hair, leave on for 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition as normal. This is definitely a popular product and I am going to try this out tonight to see how it works for me! This is a 20ml sample, 150ml is £27.50.
 
DSCF7257
 
Birchbox Eye Mask
 
This is the lifestyle extra included in my box, I have received this before months ago and without even mentioning it to Birchbox they emailed me apologising for sending me a duplicate product and gave me £5 worth of points to spend in the e-store - amazing customer service! This is a cooling eye mask, you keep it in the fridge and it soothes and relaxes the eyes.
 
Overall, I am ridiculously impressed with this box, I didn't quite realise the value of the box, with one product being worth £45 on its own! I love this box so much and think it is 100% worth £12.95. If you are interested in signing up to Birchbox, using my link will get you £5 to spend in the e-store, so click here if you want to sign up and receive this wonderful box!
 
I'm going to have a lovely pamper session tonight with all these amazing products.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Birchbox?
 
Emily :) x

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, totally agree :) Really great box this month xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow I've serious been considering taking on a subscription to one of these tester boxes, but I've really not been sure what to go with. This seems like a good deal, I might do it! I'm quite new to blogging and loving discovering some great bloggers! you've got a new follower in me :) Alice x

    thriftyfirecracker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This box is so worth it, in my opinion :) Thanks Alice and welcome to the blogging world, will definitely check out your blog :) xxx

      Delete