Monday, 9 December 2013

John Lewis Beauty Event – What I Purchased (Chanel, Lancome, YSL, Rituals, Bobbi Brown and Ugg) and Amazing Goody Bags!

Hey everyone,
 
So in the Summer, I attended a beauty event at my local John Lewis, where you payed £10 for a ticket (that was redeemable against any purchases that night), then you got a generous goody bag too. I walked around all the counters and most of them had a free gift offer, which I am a complete sucker for! So, when I got an email telling me they were having another one on 28th November, I was so excited to attend and purchase some goodies!
 
So, I attended with my Mum, Fiance Luke, good friend Rachel and her Mum also. I paid for tickets for my Mum and Fiance as I knew they wouldn’t be buying anything for themselves and that way I was clever and got three goody bags all to myself :D Rachel’s brother works at John Lewis and her Mum has a card to get discount, a huge 25% off of cosmetics!
 
My Fiance came along as we decided he would buy me some bits from John Lewis as part of my Christmas presents at this event, I only really want makeup for Christmas, so this was easy and suited us both!
 
When we first arrived, I noticed there were almost no free gift offers, which was really disappointing as there were so many last time! I went over to the Clarins counter to purchase the ‘Essentials Palette’, but it was completely sold out, so I was in a right old grump. Until I went over to Bobbi Brown and noticed another palette I have been lusting after was in stock, the Limited Edition Rich Chocolate palette.
 
I then noticed that all the counters had between 10-20% off. Bobbi Brown had 10% off, so Luke kindly bought me this beautiful palette. I’m using pictures from Google, because he’s taken all my goodies home with him, otherwise I would be tempted to try them out!
 
Bobbi-Brown-Rich-Chocolate-Eye-Palette
 
This was  £39.50, but with 10% off, £35.55. I also redeemed my ticket that I bought a month ago and got £10 off, so Luke handed over £25.55 for this beauty. I then got my first goody bag which included all this:
 
DSCF5803
 
-Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile Eau De Toilette 1.5ml
-Sisley Hydra-Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration 4ml
-Cowshed Cow Pat Moisturising Hand Cream 5ml
- Floris large wash cloth
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Toilette 1.5ml
- Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Eau De Parfum 1ml
- Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme 1ml
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 7ml
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes 6ml
- Givenchy Play Eau De Parfum 1ml x4
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes 30ml
- Ren Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream 5ml
- Floris Edwardian Bouquet Eau De Toilette 2ml
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash 6ml x2
- Lancome eyelash curlers
- Caudalie The Eye Cream 1ml
- Ojon Restorative Shampoo 8ml
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar 2ml
-Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night 2ml
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Intensive Super-Moisturising Treatment 20ml
- Givenchy Very Irresistible Eau De Toilette 1ml
- Troll Beads silver polishing cloth
- Philosophy Full of Promise Dual-Action Restoring Cream for Volume and Lift 2ml
- Clarins Extra-Firming Tightening Lift Botanical Serum 3ml
- Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash 240ml
 
So, I got absolutely loads in my first goody bag, but I would say a lot of the products are targeted at an older age group, but I’m not bothered, I will still use them all :)
 
Rachel and her Mum arrived a bit later, so when we met up with them we went straight over to Lancome, which is mine and Rachel's favourite makeup brand. Rachel purchased two concealers and got a free gift and I decided to get two products too, to take advantage of the free gift offer! I picked the Artliner Eyeliner, my favourite liquid eyeliner that I was running out of.
 
beauty_lancome_artliner_eyeliner_in_black_0
 
This was £20, but they had 10% off, then Rachel’s Mum used her discount for me, so I got a further 25% off, bringing the price down to £13! For my second item, I picked a lip stain, the woman behind the counter was raving about, it was 7pm and her lips still looked flawless and she said she applied it at noon, so I thought it was definitely worth a try! The colours looked very vibrant though, but after swatching I settled on ‘385 De Pourpre’ which is actually described as purple and does look very purple, but not on application.
.
385_2
 
These are called L’Absolu Velours and are described as intense lip colour with a velvet matte finish. They come with a doe foot applicator and are incredibly pigmented. The colour did not budge, I must have washed my hands about four times throughout the evening, if not more and you could still see it! I cannot wait to try this out. I haven’t seen many reviews for these, so I can’t wait to review it for you all!
 
This was £20, and with 10% and the 25% staff discount, this was £13. So, I used my second ticket and that brought the total of the two products to £13! I also got a lovely free gift, beautifully presented in a lovely box complete with velvet lining. I could chose between the Renergie set or the Absolu version, I know Absolu is really bloody expensive so I went for that!
 
In the set you got:
- Gel Eclat 125ml
- Absolu Precious Cells Day Cream 15ml
- Absolu Precious Cells Eye Cream 5ml
- Absolu Oleo Serum 5ml
- Advanced Genifique Serum 7ml
- Hypnose mascara in black 2ml
- L’Absolu Rouge 06 1.6ml
 
So, I got some amazing products from Lancome, all coming to me from Santa, AKA Luke! But for the grand total of £13 for that lot, I was seriously impressed. This was my second goody bag that I was handed from the Lancome counter:
 
DSCF5808
 
Here’s a list of what was inside:
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar 2ml
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night 2ml
- Philosophy Living Grace Eau De Toilette 1.5ml
- Rituals Sakura Scrub Organic Rice Milk and Cherry Blossom Sugar Body Scrub 25g
- Givenchy Eau Demoiselle De Givenchy Eau De Toilette 1ml
- Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash 6ml x2
- Sisley Eau Du Soir Moisturising Perfumed Body Cream 8ml
- Floris White Rose Eau De Toilette 2ml
- Caudalie Vinexpert Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Radiance Day Fluid 3ml
- Cowshed Cow Pat Moisturising Hand Cream 5ml
- Givenchy Very Irresistible L’Intense Eau De Parfum 1ml
- Ren Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream 5ml
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Intensive Super-Moisturising Treatment 20ml
- Lancome eyelash curlers
- Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme 1ml
- Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile Eau De Toilette 1.5ml
- Molton Brown Vitalising Vitamin A, B & C Bath and Shower 30ml
- Philosophy Eye Hope Multitasking Eye Cream for Dark Circles, Puffiness & Lines 2ml x2
- Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream 5ml
- Crabtree and Evelyn Somerset Meadow Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy 25g
- Givenchy Play Eau De Parfum 1ml x2
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 7ml
- Ojon Restorative Shampoo 8ml
- Lancome brush wrap
 
So, another huge amount of goodies that I can’t wait to test out :)
 
Next I headed to YSL as they had 20% off everything and I already knew I was going to get another one of their Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks as they are my absolute favourite formula I have tried so far.
 
rouge
 
I chose this shade, 06 – Pink in Devotion and its such a gorgeous colour – I cannot wait to use it! This was £24, with 20% off then a further 25% off, so worked out at £13.20, then I used my third and final redeemable ticket and got £10 off, so Luke handed over approximtely £3.20 for this baby! Absolute bargain.
This was my third goody bag I received from my YSL purchase:
 
DSCF5802
 
Contents:
- Roberto Cavalli Eau De Parfum 1.2ml
- Ultrasun Water-Resistant Sun Cream 6ml
- Roger & Gallet Fragrant Body Mist 1.5ml
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar 2ml x4
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night 2ml x2
- Yves Saint Laurent Forever Youth Liberator Serum 1ml
- Rituals Sensitive Skin Night Cream 2.5ml
- Givenchy Play Eau De Parfum 1ml
- Ojon Rare Blend Oil 6ml
- Philosophy Eye Hope Multitasking Eye Cream for Dark Circles, Puffiness & Lines 2ml
- Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
- Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream 10g
- Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum 2ml
- Givenchy Play Eau De Parfum Intense 1ml
- Burts Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion 25g
- Philosophy Full of Promise Dual-Action Restoring Cream for Volume and Lift 2ml
- Ojon Volumizing Shampoo 8ml
- Rituals Yogi Flow Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil Foaming Shower Gel Sensation 50ml
- Troll Beads silver polishing cloth
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes 6ml x2
- L’Eau De Chloe Perfumed Bubbles 30ml
- Philosophy Living Grace Eau De Toilette 1.5ml
- Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream 5g
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel 2.2g (1 pad)
 
So, another huge load of sample/full size products :) After I redeemed my last ticket, there was a few more bits I picked up too. I headed to the Chanel counter to purchase my first ever Chanel product!
 
chanel 
I have been wanting to try the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder for such a long time, so because I knew I was getting discount, I decided this was well worth getting. There was so much hype surrounding this product last year and after swatching it and feeling its silky soft texture, I was sold. I got it in the shade ‘10’ as an all over setting powder. This was ridiculously pricey at £38, but had 10% off then I got a further 25% bringing the price down to £24.70!
 
I cannot wait to try out this extremely luxurious product and I’m ridiculously excited to receive all these wonderful products on Christmas day, so a big thank you to Luke for buying me them and also to Rachel’s Mum, Sandra for getting me so much discount :)
 
Lastly, I stopped off at the Rituals stand and picked up one of their shower gels as they’re absolutely amazing!
 
rituals 
 
These are normally £8.50, but we got 10% off, and she actually charged us £7.50, which is even better :) These shower gels are amazing, they are gels that lather up amazingly, they smell gorgeous and the scent lasts for ages on the skin.
 
The very last place we went to was the shoe department, specifically the Ugg department! Uggs were 20% off, but with a further 25% off from Rachel’s Mum, Sandra, I couldn’t resist! It wasn’t exactly 45% because the 20% was taken off, then the amount left had 25% off, but it was still an excellent saving.
 
ugg 
 
I already have two pairs of standard Uggs so I opted for some cosy slippers that are amazingly comfortable! These are the Scuffette II Slippers in chestnut brown. After the discount these cost £39! My Mum and Rachel also treated themselves to some beautiful black leather fur-lined Ugg riding boots.
 
I cannot wait till Christmas now, I will be having a relaxing bath with my Rituals shower gel, wearing all my new makeup and chilling out in my beautifully comfy Ugg slippers- that day can’t come soon enough! :)
 
So a huge thank you to my very generous Fiance, Luke who truely spoils me rotten at every opportunity and I love with all my heart :) Everyone says we were made for each other or that we are soul mates and I couldn’t agree more with them, I am incredibly lucky! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with the Bobbi Brown palette. :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA
    P.S. I have on-going giveaway now sponsored by RoseWholesale.
    Click H E R E to join.
    Click H E R E to join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can't wait for Christmas day so I can use it! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. 25% off cosmetics is amazing! :-D
    I have tried the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine (different shade, though), and I do enjoy the formula very much. Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer delivers beautiful results as well; my only issue with it is that it separates so easily and quickly, although none of my friends have encountered this problem. If the moisturizer works out for you, you'll love what it does for your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was incredible! Yeah, I love the formula of them so much! Ooh, I'm intrigued to see if it works for me now :) xxx

      Delete
  3. That Bobbi Brown palette looks perfect! My friend used to have a similar one and let me use it, and I was so in love with it but then it was discontinued. This one looks even better though!! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is so gorgeous! Oh, hate when things get discontinued, so annoying isn't it!? At least they have released something similar :D xxx

      Delete