Today I thought I’d do a FOTD post, so you can see how I did my makeup yesterday. I bought my first Mac lipstick, Vegas Volt, months ago, but did not get on well with it, it clung to my dry lips and highlighted every single crack in them. But, I thought I’d give it another go because after using Lush’s lip scrub and a combination of amazing lip balms (Nuxe, EOS and Soap and Glory) for the past month, my lips are so much better.
I was really happy that it looked so much better on application, not perfect but it lasted for hours so I was really impressed with that and I think if I go for a lighter shade or a different formula next time I get a Mac lipstick, I will maybe get on a bit better with them!
So, here’s how I started off, brace yourselves for a no makeup snap!
Here is me completely free of makeup but I thought I’d show you guys a blank canvas first! Also, I was practicing doing a messy bun and I really got the hang of it after a few tries, let me know if you want a tutorial for that! I’ve always struggled with them but I’ve finally worked out how to do one and its super easy! :)
and here’s the end result!
All pictures are completely unedited and just snapped with my iPhone, except from the last picture which I used an Instagram filter on, if you want to find me on Instagram my username is: ecoultonuk :)
To create this look I used:
-Benefit’s Porefessional Primer
-YSL’s Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in BR10
- Sleek Makeup’s Face Form Kit in Fair
- Collection 2000 Concealer in 01 Fair
- Sleek Makeup iDivine Au Naturel Palette
- Calvin Klein Intense Eyeshadow in 127 Horizon
-MyFace.Cosmetics Eye Pencil in Black
- Lancome Artliner Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in Black
-Osmosis Colour Brow Gel in Taupe
- ELF Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm
- Mac Vegas Volt Lipstick
- Real Techniques Blush Brush
- Real Techniques Contour Brush
- Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
- Real Techniques Brow Brush
- Nanshy Flat Definer
- Nanshy Blending Eyeshadow
Hope you enjoyed this FOTD post! I don't really post these often, so let me know if its something you'd like to read/see a bit more regularly!
Thanks for reading!
Have you tried any of the products I used for this look?
Emily :) x