Monday, 2 December 2013

Day Two – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
For those of you who haven’t read my other posts, this year I decided to go all out and get four beauty advent calendars. I just think they’re amazing value for money and it gives me the opportunity to try so many new products. I did save up for them and had a spending ban for about a month and a half, I am glad that spending ban is over because I got some great deals recently, that I will be showing you in blog posts very soon.
 
I am so glad I got all four because they’re all proving to be amazing so far and its only day two!
beauty advent
 
I picked the Ciate advent calendar first because they’re one of my favourite nail polish brands and then I ordered myself the very first Boots advent calendar the minute it became available. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of The Body Shop advent calendars in the Milton Keynes store and I was very, very lucky in managing to order the Benefit advent calendar, which sold out in the UK in 35 seconds. I got mine from Sephora in America through one of my favourite stores, Rose’s Beauty Store.
 
So, behind today’s number two doors I received:
 
DSCF5706
 
DSCF5710
 
Balmi Moisturising Lip Balm in 'Coconut'
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this. I absolutely love Balmi lip balms and already have the coconut one, as coconut is one of my favourite flavours. So, I was really pleased to receive this, as in my eyes, you can never have too many lip balms! These are incredibly hydrating and so easy to use. This is full size and retails at £4.99 (covering a sixth of the cost of the Boots advent calendar), but are currently on offer for £2.99!
 
DSCF5712
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Boudoir'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this beautiful deep red nail polish called 'Boudoir'. Red is definitely my favourite colour to paint my nails, and I'm really happy with this deep red shade, it will be perfect for the festive season :)
 
DSCF5714
 
The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm in 'Strawberry'
 
In The Body Shop advent calendar I received this Born Lippy strawberry lip balm. I had one of these ages and ages ago and really liked it, so can't wait to test it out again. This is full size and retails at £2. I love strawberry flavour things and this one also has a red tint, so sounds perfect.
 
DSCF5716
 
Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer in 'Light/Medium'
 
In the Benefit advent calendar I received a sample of the Stay Don't Stray Primer in 'light/medium', which is definitely suited to my skintone. This is dual purpose primer, suitable for concealer and eyeshadows. It helps stop concealers from creasing and ensures eyeshadows stay vibrant. You can wear this alone to help even out eyelid discolouration and under eye circles. I am so excited to use this, it sounds like the perfect product for me. Full size is 10ml and retails at £20.50, I would guess this sample is around 3ml.
 
Another great day of advent calendar goodies! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. 3ml is a good size for a sample! The benefit advert calendar looks so nice! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's what I thought! Especially with such an expensive product! :) The Benefit advent calendar is amazing! xxx

      Delete
  2. So many people have beauty advent calendars this year! I didn't get one but it's exciting to see what everyone is getting every day!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I'm definitely going to get them every year now! :) Such good value for money :) xxx

      Delete