Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Day Ten – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
So today we reached double figures and I can’t believe its already the 10th December, but I got some great goodies behind todays doors. For those of you that haven’t read my previous posts, this year I went on a spending ban so I could afford to get a few beauty advent calendars and I ended up getting four as I just couldn’t pick between them! I’m so impressed with them so far and here’s the advent calendars that I picked:
 
beauty advent
 
As soon as I knew the Ciate advent calendar was available again this year, I knew I would be ordering it as I missed out last year and was very jealous of everyone that got it! Then Boots decided to release their first ever advent calendar and I knew I couldn’t resist that, especially for only £30!
 
Benefit then decided to release their first advent calendar and it actually sold out in 35 seconds, but I managed to get mine from Sephora via Roses Beauty Store, an amazing store that imports American cosmetics to the UK.
 
Then finally The Body Shop released their first ever UK advent calendar and they kept it quiet right until the last minute, and they were really hard to get hold of but I managed to get hold of one of one in Milton Keynes, so I was really lucky getting both the Benefit one and The Body Shop one!

Here's what I got behind today's doors:
 
 DSCF6053
 
DSCF6058
 
Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received the 5ml version of Orly's Bonder, a unique rubberized basecoat. My best friend is always recommending this to me, so I'm really glad I received this as she says its amazing. I don't actually use basecoats because I don't think they make any difference but this one is meant to make your nail polish last a lot longer as your nail polish is supposed to bond much easier to this basecoat than to your bare nail. This size retails at £5.
 
DSCF6060
 
Benefit's Porefessional
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received a travel sized version of one of their most popular products, the Porefessional primer. I actually use this every day and its a great product, it really does smooth over the pores and make them appear less visable and gives a lovely, velvety base for your foundation. I only use this on my chin and t-zone, but it lasts for ages and I'm still using the one I got for Christmas now, you get 22ml of product in the fullsize version for £24.50, this sample is 7.5ml which is pretty generous!
 
DSCF6062
 
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received a little 15ml sample of their Vitamin E Moisture Cream, which retails at £10 for 50ml. This is the perfect size to test out the cream as you'd probably get 5/6 full face applications out of this. I use moisturisers three times a day, so I will definitely be using this :)
 
DSCF6065
 
Ciate Mini Speed Coat
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar, I received the speed coat, which is perfect for me because I can never wait for my nails to dry and 90% of the time I smudge them because I have no patience whatsoever. So, I love to try any topcoats that speed up the drying process and cannot wait to see if this one helps! Really pleased to receive this!
 
Overall, today I'm really impressed with everything and they're definitely products I will get a lot of use out of, every single one of them. This is one of my favourite days so far and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's surprises :)

No comments:

Post a Comment