Sunday, 1 December 2013

Day One – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Advent Calendars)

 Hey everyone,
 
Today was the first day of opening my four beauty advent calendars! I absolutely love the idea of these, I think they’re great value for money and it means I get to try loads of new products, hence why I bought four! I was really excited to open my first door this morning :)
 
beauty advent
 
These are the four beauty advent calendars that I thought were best value for money and had the best products inside, I have been on a spending ban of sorts since buying them though!
 
So, here's what was in door number one!:
 
DSCF5689
 
DSCF5695
 
 Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss in 'A-Lister'
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this mini lipgloss. I was so pleasantly surprised with the shade and although I'm not massively into lipglosses, I will definitely use this one because of the beautiful colour! This is one of the lipglosses from their new 'Ultra Plush' range of lipglosses. Full size is 15ml and retails at £14.50 and this sample version is 6.5ml. This is described as a bubblegum pink and I absolutely love the shade.
 
DSCF5699
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Snow Globe'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this mini paint pot in a very festive shade called 'Snow Globe'. Snow Globe is a top coat and its a beautiful pearly white colour that I imagine would give a lovely sheen, its also packed with large iridescent chunks of glitter. I really like this and its definitely unique and I'm really intrigued to test it out :)
 
DSCF5696
 
The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel
 
I am in desperate need for shower gels, so was really pleased to recieve this in my Body Shop advent calendar. I love strawberry scented things so this will be perfect and I will use it tonight! This is a 60ml version, the 250ml size retails at £4, so if I like it, I will definitely be repurchasing at that price! It comes with a convenient squeezy flip top lid too :)
 
DSCF5704
 
Soap and Glory 'Clean, Girls' Body Wash
 
I absolutely love anything Soap and Glory and this is definitely one of my favourite body washes ever, it just smells soo good! This is a generous 75ml travel sized version of the 500ml size which retails at £6.50. I absolutely love this, the smell lasts on the skin, its relatively moisturising and a little product goes a long way as it foams up loads too.
 
Overall, I am seriously impressed with my day one of my advent calendars! Can't wait for tomorrow now, I will post every day to let you know what was in them all :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of day one's beauty advent calendar products?
 
Emily :) x

2 comments:

  1. Wow four!! That must make December even MORE exciting than usual. Such a great idea xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I saved up and didn't buy any makeup/beauty products for about a month and a half :P It definitely makes it so exciting! :D xxx

      Delete