Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Day Four – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
So, if you haven’t been reading my other posts, I decided to get four beauty advent calendars this year; Benefit Countdown to Love, Ciate Mini Mani Month, Boots and The Body Shop 24 Days of Joy. I went on a spending ban for a month and a half when it came to buying anything beauty related (with the exception of a few offers I couldn’t possibly resist)! It may seem excessive, but they’re just such good value for money and every time a new one came out, I just couldn’t resist!
 
beauty advent
 
Here are the ones I picked and I have to say, so far I am really impressed with everything I have received! Here’s what I got behind my doors today :)
 
DSCF5821
DSCF5824
 
L'Eau Nina Ricci Eau De Toilette
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received a tiny 1.5ml sample of a perfume that I haven't tried before, L'eau Nina Ricci. It smells gorgeous, but is quite a strong scent. I really like this perfume but I do think it is a tiny sample that you can just pick up for free in any department store, but the advent calendar was only £30, so I don't expect to receive amazing things every single day :)
 
DSCF5826
 
Ciate Mini Sequin Pot in 'Miss Mistletoe'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar, I received this amazing sequin glitter pot. I absolutely love this, its the prettiest colours, so perfect for autumn, but also the Christmas period too. I've not tried a sequin manicure before, but I will definitely be testing this out, the colours are just so pretty with gold, rosey pink and deep red chunks of glitter.
 
DSCF5830
 
Benefit's Dandelion Lipgloss
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received the Dandelion lipgloss, this is a very generous size and is almost half the size of the full size (15ml) at 6.5ml. The colour is lovely, a very pretty soft pink shade. Very pleased with this and can't believe the size of it!
 
DSCF5832
 
The Body Shop White Musk Smooth Satin Body Lotion
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this 60ml travel sized body lotion. I'm not usually a fan of anything musky, but this is actually quite nice, its not too strong or anything and its a really decent size! My skin is so dry at the moment, so it will definitely appreciate a good body lotion :)
 
Very pleased with all my items today! I put my Christmas tree up in my bedroom tonight, so I'm feeling extra festive today. Can't wait to open tomorrow's doors! This makes the lead up to Christmas ridiculously exciting, even more so than normal :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. I wish I picked up some Advent Calendars! I'd be terrible and rip it all open at once though. No patience for that in this little human form hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are so worth it! Haha, I'm not usually patient with anything so I'm surprised I haven't done the same :P xxx

      Delete
  2. That nail polish looks beautiful!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it?! Such a lovely colour :) xxx

      Delete