Thursday, 5 December 2013

Day Five – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day five of opening my four beauty advent calendars and I got some great stuff today! For those who haven’t read my previous posts, I went on a spending ban and picked four beauty advent calendars this year as they were just such good value for money and gave me so many new goodies to try :D
 
beauty advent
 
So, these were the four advent calendars I picked and I love them all, so glad I took the plunge and bought all four! My favourite so far has got to be the Benefit one with Boots being a very close second :)
 
Here’s what I got behind my doors today!
 
DSCF5835
DSCF5838
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Encore'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar, I got this amazing firey orange-red shade, called 'Encore'. Its such a unique colour, that pretty much just looks orange in the pictures but its actually a muted orangey red. I really like it and its perfect for autumn and as an alternative to a classic red. This is actually a new shade for Ciate, and I've not seen a colour like this before.
 
DSCF5840
 
Benefit's Benetint Lip and Cheek Stain
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this 2.5ml sample of the famous rose-tinted cheek and lip tint, Benetint. Full size is 12.5ml and retails at £24.50, so its a pretty decent size! I haven't really tried a lip and cheek tint before so I'm really interested to see what this is like! I know this is a popular product, so can't wait to try it out :)
 
DSCF5841
 
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in '100 Ivory'
 
In my Boots advent calendar, I received a 8ml sample of the new Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation in the shade 100 Ivory. I have heard great things about this foundation and haven't tried a budget foundation in years, so I'm excited to see how it compares to my more expensive foundations. I also haven't used a mousse foundation in about five years, so really interested to try this out! Its also in the lightest shade, which is great for my pale skin! I like the idea of it being matte too, I always try to go for matte foundations because my face is always so bloody shiny!
 
DSCF5844
 
The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in '02 Bronze Glimmer'
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received a full size lip & cheek stain, that looks pretty much like a lip gloss, this retails at £10! The shade is 'Bronze Glimmer', I would never pick this shade and I definitely won't be using it on my lips, but I 'm hoping it'll look nice blended out on the cheeks :) Its a bronzey colour with a golden shimmer, so might look nice as a bronzey highlight on the highest point of the cheek bones!
 
So some lovely products today and I'm really excited for what tomorrow will bring :D
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

2 comments:

  1. Great products! 4 calenders, you are so lucky! Love the shade of that polish x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I did go a bit mental, but I missed out last year and I couldn't do that again this year and I couldn't pick just one, haha! :) Me too, its so different! xxx

      Delete