Monday, 23 December 2013

Day 23 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
So today was the penultimate day of opening my beauty advent calendars and I am so sad there is only one day to go! For those of you that haven’t been reading these posts, this year I ended up buying four beauty advent calendars! I went on a spending ban so I could afford them and I am so glad that I did because they’ve made the whole Christmas period so much more exciting :)
 
beauty advent
 
These are the four that I picked and the only one I can criticise is the Boots one, that has included a lot of perfume samples! Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6452
DSCF6453
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Locket'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this amazing shimmery silver polish called 'Locket'. I completely adore this, it is so shimmery and has loads of different sized chunks of glitter running through it. I will get so much use out of this pretty shade :)
 
DSCF6459
 
Benefit's Cha Cha Tint
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this mini Cha Cha Tint. This is a mango tinted cheek and lip stain, that retails at £24.50 for 12.5ml, I would say this sample is about 3ml. This will look so lovely in the summer months, but I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it during the winter time! It does look very pretty though and I can't wait to see how it looks, especially on the cheeks :)
 
DSCF6463
 
Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Backcomb in a Bottle
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this 30ml travel sized version of Umberto Giannini's Backcomb in a Bottle. Full size retails at £5.61 for 200ml, so its not very expensive if I decide I like it! I am always looking for something to give my flat hair a boost, so this could be just the product! I have heard good reviews about this, so fingers crossed!
 
DSCF6467
 
The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this 60ml travel sized version of the shower cream from the Shea range. I really like the Shea range, the scent is gorgeous, so I'm happy to add another product to my collection :) I'm really loving The Body Shop's shower gels at the moment, so this is definitely something I would have picked myself :) This retails at £4 for 250ml.
 
Overall, another really great day! Everything I would have selected myself so I am really impressed. Tomorrow is the last day of opening my advent calendars though!! :(
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

2 comments:

  1. So jealous, I had my eyes on the body shop and ciate one. Lucky girl!
    Love your blog, I'm glad i found it!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ciate one is on offer at Asos for £33.50 if you want to get it and put it away for next year or just buy it for yourself and open it all straight away! :D The Body Shop one was quite hard to get hold of, but really hope they do one again next year! Thank you so much lovely and have a lovely Christmas :) xxx

      Delete