Sunday, 22 December 2013

Day 22 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 22 of opening my beauty advent calendars which means there are only two more doors to open! I’ve enjoyed opening these so much, I don’t want it to end! For those of you that haven’t read any of these posts, this year I ended up getting four beauty advent calendars. They were just such good value, I couldn’t resist going on a spending ban so I could buy them :)
 
beauty advent
 
Here’s the four that I picked and they’ve all been great, the only one I can criticise is the Boots one, it isn’t very varied, most of the products have been tiny perfume samples or nail varnishes/products. Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6424
DSCF6436
 
Nails Inc Porchester Square
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this 4ml (10ml is full size and retails at £11) nail polish from Nails Inc called Porchester Square. I have seen this before and it is such a beautiful shade. Its a mushroomy colour and I absolutely love it, I have nothing like it and its so, so pretty. Really happy to get this :)
 
DSCF6428
 
The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this lip butter from the Shea range. I have never tried a lip butter before but I really like the sound of it and The Body Shop Shea scent is so nice, so can't wait to try it out! This is full size and usually retails at £4. It contains 10ml of product so should last a long time :)
 
DSCF6431
 
Benefit Star Bracelet
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this 'bracelet', its actually just a piece of gold string with a plastic golden star attached to it. I will never use this and it'll definitely just be going straight into the bin. I suppose they just included this to bulk it out, but it really is so cheap looking and probably cost about 5p to make, haha.
 
DSCF6441
 
Ciate Christmas Tree Mini Caviar Pearls
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I recieved this amazing festive inspired nail caviar called 'Christmas Tree'. Featuring dark greens, deep reds and a hint of silver, this is perfect for the whole Christmas period. I haven't ever tried a caviar mani before but the colours are so perfect for Christmas, I'm definitely going to have to give it a go!
 
Some really great items today, well everything except the 'bracelet', haha! Looking forward to tomorrow, the penultimate doors! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed seeing what you have received in your advent calendars! It was almost like I have been receiving them! I love how you did four different calendars :) The Benefit one has been my favorite. I think you got some awesome things and in awesome sample sizes (well besides the two bracelets and the hair clip). I've really loved this like series of posts! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading them :) The Benefit one is definitely one of the best, although I love The Body Shop one so much too! Totally agree, some of the items I coudn't believe how generous the sizes were! :) xxx

      Delete