Saturday, 21 December 2013

Day 21 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 21 of opening my beauty advent calendars which means there are only three doors left on each advent calendar now :( I have really enjoyed opening these so I will be sad to see them go! For those of you that haven’t been reading these posts, this year I ended up getting four beauty advent calendars! They just kept releasing more and they were all such good value, I couldn’t resist! I went on a spending ban so I could buy them :)
 
beauty advent
 
These are the four that I picked and I’ve been really impressed with them mostly. The only one that’s been a bit disappointing is the Boots one that has included a lot of tiny vials of perfume.
 
Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6400
DSCF6407
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Confetti'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar behind door number 21 was this beautiful sparkly silver polish called 'Confetti'. This is an explosion of holographic microglitters and the picture does not give it justice! It is so shimmery and will be perfect for the festive period! I received something similar yesterday by Mavala in my Boots advent calendar and I absolutely love both :)
 
DSCF6413
 
Botanics Heat Protection Shine Serum
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this Heat Protection Shine Serum by Botanics. This is full size and retails at around £4 but I can't find it on the Boots site at the moment! I have used Botanics skincare before but never knew they did haircare. This is a serum designed to 'smooth and add shine for all hair types'. It has a non-greasy formula, that instantly gives shine to the hair. This serum is 'enriched with active ingredients that help protect the hair against damage from heat styling and hair is left feeling more manageable, less frizzy and silky smooth'. I really like the sound of this, this is definitely a product I am really looking forward to using! You get 30ml of product and apply a few pumps to damp or dry hair.
 
DSCF6415
 
The Body Shop Chocomania Heart Shaped Soap
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this heart shaped soap from the Chocomania range. I think these retail at about £2.50 but I couldn't find them on the site to be sure. This smells gorgeous, it is a really subtle cocoa scent. I don't really use soaps, I prefer shower gels but I will definitely try this out because I love the scent of it :)
 
DSCF6417
 
Benefit Coralista Lip Gloss
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I got this really pretty sheer lip gloss from the Ultra Plush gloss range. This is the most perfect coral shade and was made to work perfectly with the Coralista blush. I really like the idea of these lipglosses matching the Box O' Powders that benefit do and I will definitely be using this when I use my Coralista blush :) Full size retails at £14.50 for 15ml of product and this is a sample sized version that includes a rather generous 6.5ml of product :) Love this shade!
 
Another really great day today, so impressed with everything! They are all things I would have picked myself :) Looking forward to tomorrow's goodies!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That shine serum sounds interesting - I'd be curious to know how it works out for you.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does sound really good, can't wait to see what its like :) xxx

      Delete