Friday, 20 December 2013

Day 20 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 20 of opening my beauty advent calendars and I’m getting sad at the thought I only have four days left now! For those of you that haven’t read any of these posts, this year I ended up buying four beauty advent calendars…oops. I didn’t set out to do that, they just kept bringing more out and they were such amazing value, I just couldn’t resist!
 
beauty advent
 
These are the four that I picked and I’m really impressed with them and will definitely be purchasing beauty advent calendars every year from now on! The Boots one has been slightly disappointing with a few cheapy items, lots of tiny perfume samples and lots of nail polishes/nail products. I don’t mind that but it just seems like the products weren’t very varied. Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6381
DSCF6385
 
Mavala Mini Colour in '213 Pure Diamond'
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this mini Mavala nail polish in the shade '213 Pure Diamond', this retails at £4.30. This is the most incredible shade, the picture really does not do it justice. It is so, so shimmery and you just can't stop looking at it, it really catches the light beautifully. I will definitely get a lot of use out of this over the festive period.
 
DSCF6391
 
The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm in Raspberry
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received a full size Born Lippy lip balm that retails at £2 normally. I have used Born Lippy lip balms in the past and really liked them so I'm sure this will still get a thumbs up from me. I have never used this flavour/shade before, its a beautiful bright pink shade and is supposed to give a deep pink tint to the lips, I've been loving pink lips lately so this is perfect for me :)
 
DSCF6394
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Ivory Queen'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this beautiful nude shade called 'Ivory Queen'. This is pretty much a tradional nude but with a hint of shimmer to brighten up the shade. I have very little in the way of nude nail polishes so I am very glad Ciate has offered up some beautiful shades in this advent calendar so I can try some out :)
 
DSCF6398
 
Benefit's 'Ooh La Lift'
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this 'instant under-eye brightening boost' product called 'Ooh La Lift'. I have been wanting to try this for so long, but the £17.50 pricetag for 7g of product was putting me off. This sample is 2.5g of product which should last me a good few months as I'm guessing you only need to use a tiny bit. I do get undereye circles because I have trouble sleeping so anything to brighten that area is good in my books!
 
Another really good day today, love everything I received! :) Looking forward to tomorrow!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. Great products. I'd love to try the Benefit Ooh La Lift!

    I'd be happy if you check out my giveaway for a chance to win a pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses from Firmoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was really pleased with all of the products :) So excited to try Ooh La Lift! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I want to try out that oolalift by benefit!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wanted to try it for so long too! :) xxx

      Delete