Thursday, 19 December 2013

Day 19 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 19 of opening my beauty advent calendars which means there are only 5 days left! Today was another really good day of exciting new products to try :) This has made the whole run up to Christmas so exciting and I will definitely be getting beauty advent calendars every single year from now on! For those of you who haven’t read any of these posts, this year I ended up buying four advent calendars! They just kept bringing out new ones and they were such good value, so I went on a spending ban to fund my purchases!
 
beauty advent
 
These are the four that I picked and the only one I’m a bit disappointed with is the Boots one, there have been quite a few cheapy bits and a lot of tiny perfume samples. Other than that they’ve all been ridiculously good value for money! Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6362
DSCF6364
 
The Body Shop Moringa Body Milk
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this 60ml travel sized version of the body milk from the Moringa range, full size is 250ml and retails at £8. I really like this scent and I will definitely be looking into more of the Moringa range, so far I've liked all the body shop scents I have come across in this advent calendar! This body lotion is light but hydrating and soaks into the skin so quickly. Very happy with this!
 
DSCF6365
 
Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this 7.5ml sample sized version of their highlighter called Girl Meets Pearl, full size retails at £24.50 for 12ml so this is such a generous size. At first I thought this was a primer but its a liquid pearly highlighter, suitable for use alone or on top of foundation. I absolutely love highlighters, so cannot wait to try this out!
 
DSCF6370
 
Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this full size put of Carmex's classic moistursing lip balm, which retails at £2.69 a pot. I haven't tried Carmex before but I know they get excellent reviews so I'm really looking forward to trying this! I will be keeping this unopened until I've used up my current lip balms.
 
DSCF6373
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Underwear'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received Ciate's base coat called 'Underwear'. I don't really use base coats, I can barely wait for one coat of the nail polish to dry so I can never be bothered to add a base coat or a top coat. But I will definitely try it out and see if it makes any difference! This is described as a strengthening base coat so I might even wear this on its own :)
 
Today was a really good day and I'm so happy with everything. Looking forward to the last 5 days of opening my beauty advent calendars :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment