Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Day 18 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 18 of opening my beauty advent calendars which means they are now a lot less weighty than they were when I  first got them as they now only have 6 days left! But it also means this time next week will be Christmas day! :)
 
For those of you who haven’t been reading my advent calendar posts, this year I ended up getting four advent calendars as they just kept bringing new ones out and I couldn’t resist! I had to go on a spending ban to afford them all but it was so worth it and its made the build up to Christmas even more exciting!
 
beauty advent
 
Here’s the four that I picked :) I definitely won’t be buying the Boots one next year as its just full of tiny perfume samples, but the other three have been brilliant! The Body Shop and Benefit advent calendars were both incredibly good value and are both joint favourites of mine :) Here’s what I got behind today’s doors!
 
DSCF6305
DSCF6310
 
Ghost Moonlight Perfume
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received yet another perfume sample...yawn. Thankfully it does appear to be the last tiny vial of perfume that I am going to receive...thank God! This is a scent that I'm not mad about but it is ok.
 
DSCF6314
 
Benefit's Sun Beam Highlighter
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this 4ml sample of their Sun Beam highlighter, which is a travel size that retails at £8 (full size is 13ml and costs £19.50). This is golden bronze highlighter and I definitely don't have anything like this. I generally opt for white/pearly pink highlighters, so this one will probably act as more of a glowy bronzer than a highlighter I guess! Really interested to try this! :)
 
DSCF6316
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Amazing Gracie'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this really pretty very pale pink shade called 'Amazing Gracie'. I don't have anything like this shade and it can be used in two different ways. You can apply just one coat for a rosy tint and to add shine and cover any nail imperfections or you can apply two coats for sheer pink tint ideal for a classic French!
 
DSCF6322
 
The Body Shop Bath Lily
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this 'bath lily' as they call it, I actually call them 'squidgies' but I'm sure that's not what they're called! I use these every day and also need a new one every few weeks, I scrub too hard and they fall apart so this is definitely a welcome addition! Not very exciting but it'll definitely be used :) These retail at £2.
 
So today was definitely not the most exciting day, but I'm hoping tomorrow makes up for it! I'm glad to see what I think is my last perfume sample, phew.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try that Sunbeam product - I'd be interested to know hwo it works out for you.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a review on it :D xxx

      Delete