Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Day 17 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
Today is the 17th day of opening my beauty advent calendars, which means I only have a week left :( But it also means a week today will be Christmas Eve, which is one of the most exciting days of the year because it means its only one sleep till Christmas :)
For those of you who haven’t read any of these posts, this year I ended up buying four beauty advent calendars, oops. I missed out on them last year and they just kept releasing new ones and I couldn’t pick just one, so I went on a spending ban and bought four! So glad I did, but I don’t think I will be buying the Boots one if they do it again next year, there is a lot of perfume samples and cheapy bits.
beauty advent
So, these are the four that I picked! My favourite has got to be either The Body Shop one or the Benefit one :) Here’s what I got behind today’s doors!
DSCF6194
DSCF6197

Benefit's Ultra Plush Sugarbomb Lipgloss

In my Benefit advent calendar I received this mini lipgloss from the Ultra Plush range called Sugarbomb. It matches the powder blush also called Sugarbomb. I love what Benefit have done, creating a lipgloss to match every Box O' Powders that they sell, it means they are always the perfect combination for each other! This is described as a shimmering pinky nude shade and retails at £14.50 for 15ml, this travel sized version is 6.5ml, so very generous. It looks like a gorgeous shade that'll be perfect all year round :)
DSCF6199

The Body Shop Moringa Shower Gel

In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this  60ml travel sized version of their Moringa shower gel, full size retails at £4 for 250ml. When I saw this I had no idea what Moringa was and thought it was some sort of clementine/tangerine sort of fruit because of the colour, haha. Turns out it is made from Moringa seeds, from the Moringa plant, I still have no idea what that is, but at least I don't think its a member of the orange family anymore! It smells lovely, like fresh linen and I now know I will definitely be going to The Body Shop to take care of my shower gel needs from now on!
DSCF6202

Ciate Mini Caviar Pearls Pot in 'Frost Yourself'

In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this gorgeous Mini Caviar Pearls Pot in 'Frost Yourself'. This is such a pretty combination of colours, predominantly navy blue and silver, but also with some lilac and pale blue pearls too. I have never tried a caviar manicure before, my nails chip within minutes of me painting them, so there's no way this will last five minutes, but I will definitely give it a go! :)
DSCF6207

Soap and Glory's Flake Away Body Scrub

In my Boots beauty advent calendar I received the 50ml travel sized version of Soap and Glory's Flake Away body scrub worth £2.50. I have used this before and really like it, in fact I like all of Soap and Glory's products I've tried, they're great quality, a reasonable price and they smell gorgeous! This is a really effective body scrub made with shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed oil, sugar and sea salt.

Another great day today with plenty of lovely goodies to try out :) Super excited for the last seven days, but it looks like I'm going to get my fifth perfume sample from my Boots advent calendar tomorrow, which I am not excited about!

Thanks for reading!

Have you tried any of these products?

Emily :) x

4 comments:

  1. These advent calendars are so perfect, waaaay better than a chocolate one!
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I absolutely love them! Make Christmas so much more exciting :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Love that lip gloss and body scrub!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the lipgloss but it looks lovely! I love the scrub though :) xxx

      Delete