Monday, 16 December 2013

Day 16 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 16 of opening my beauty advent calendars and was another good day :) Can’t believe I’ve only got 8 more days of opening them now, my mornings will be so much less exciting!
 
For those of you who haven’t been reading these posts, this year I decided to get four beauty advent calendars! Not intentionally, they just kept bringing new ones out and I couldn’t resist! I had to go on a spending ban to justify buying four of them though! :)
 
beauty advent
 
Here are the ones that I picked! I’ve been really enjoying them all so far, but my favourite has got to be either The Body Shop one or the Benefit one! :)
 
Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6174
DSCF6178
 
The Body Shop Eyeshadow Brush
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this full size eyeshadow brush worth £9! I really like the look of this brush, its so soft, quite stiff and its completely differently to any of my other eyeshadow brushes. This will be perfect for packing a base colour onto my lids :) So, so pleased when I saw this! The Body Shop brushes always receive good reviews, so I'm sure this will be good :)
 
DSCF6179
 
Nail File
 
In my Boots advent calender I received this polka dot nail file. I'm not very excited by this at all, it doesn't work well and looks very cheap. I can't find it on the site, so its not something that is sold individually and is probably another item just put in to bulk the contents out, like the four tiny vials of perfume I have received so far. Not much to say about this really!
 
DSCF6185
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Members Only'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this shade called 'Members Only' It is a really pretty nude shade with a gold shimmery sheen running through it. I really like the addition of the shimmer, it makes a regular nude shade so much more interesting. I don't have many nude shades at all so this is definitely a welcome addition!
 
DSCF6187
DSCF6190
 
Benefit's Hoola Bronzer
 
In my Benefit advent calender I received this sample sized version of their bronzer, Hoola. This is definitely one of the UK's most popular bronzers and I've been wanting to try it for ages, so this is one of my favourite products I've received so far! The only downside is the really cheap plastic packaging. This has 3g of product and full size retails at £23.50 for 8g of product, so a very decent size! :)
 
Really happy with everything I got today apart from the cheap nail file from the Boots advent calendar. The Boots advent calendar has become slightly disappointing recently, hoping it gets better over the last week! Can't wait for tomorrow's goodies! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, a hoola bronzer, great gift!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was so happy when I saw this! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, that nail polish is the most beautiful colour, safe to say I'm a jealous girl right now! Definitely need to grab myself one (or all) of these calendars next year haha xxx

    Zelda | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous shade! Haha, you definitely should, they're great :D xxx

      Delete