Saturday, 14 December 2013

Day 14 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was day 14 of opening my beauty advent calendars, only 10 days left! This year I decided to get four beauty advent calendars, I couldn’t decide which one to get, so I ended up going a bit crazy and ended up going on a spending ban to pay for them all! I have told this story 14 times now, but I’m not sure if someone reading this post might not know that and wonder why I’ve been greedy and bought four!
 
 
beauty advent
 
 
These are the four beauty advent calendars I picked and I’m really impressed with them, some more than others, but I’m glad I got all of them! :) Three of these (Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop) were brand new to the UK this year, so I couldn’t resist them! :)
 
Here’s what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6129
DSCF6132
 
Couture La La Perfume by Juicy Couture
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this...another perfume sample. I ended up snapping my Real Techniques eyeliner brush trying to use it as a wedge to get this out as well, so I'm extra annoyed at this today! I really don't like receiving perfume samples, as you can pick them up for free anywhere! But this is a nice scent, very girly and not too overpowering. This is a tiny 1.5ml sample and I used up most of it trying to get it out of the plastic it was wedged into!
 
DSCF6134
 
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this travel sized version of their other mascara, everyone knows the 'They're Real' mascara, but I haven't seen many reviews on this one, so I'm interested to try it. This retails at £17.50 for 8.5g of product and this sample sized version contains 4g of product, so its very generous! Its described as having a super black formula and gives full voluminous lashes - sounds great!
 
DSCF6140
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Party Shoes'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this beautiful Mini Paint Pot in the shade 'Party Shoes'. This looks amazing, I was so happy when I saw this, its perfect for Christmas and I have no gold nail polishes and this one is certainly unique. This is made up of predominantly gold glitter particles but also has purple/blue/green (depending on the light) bits of glitter, its the most incredible combination! I've never seen anything like this, I hope its formula is just as impressive :)
 
DSCF6142
 
 
The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this 60ml travel sized bottle of their Japanese Cherry Blossom body lotion, full size (250ml) retails at £10. This smells so lovely, its a refreshing, delicate scent. On the skin, its incredibly light and soaks in quickly, which is just how I like my body lotions. I can't stop smelling it, its just so nice. I would have never picked this in store, so I'm really glad I received it as its opened me to a whole new Japanese Cherry Blossom world! :)
 
Overall, I was really happy with today's goodies, except from the perfume sample, which I'm just getting sick of receiving! This is the fourth one I've received in the Boots advent calendar and I think there's definitely at least one more in there, hopefully that's the last one!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

12 comments:

  1. That glitter polish looks so pretty!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole Japanese Cherry Blossom-range is one of my favourites! The scent is just so lovely. I have the EdT as well and use it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will become one of my favourites too! Ooh, that sounds lovely, will definitely have to look at that! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I think I am definately going to treat myself to a beauty advent calendar next year. I keep seeing some fantastic posts about them. Lucky you with 4 lol!

    Jade x
    http://jadewiggins09.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, they are sooo worth it! I know, I went a bit crazy buying four :P xxx

      Delete
  4. I've heard Bad Gal Lash is pretty good, but I haven't tried it. Love the Ciate polish - super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to trying it :D I love the Ciate polish, its so unique! xxx

      Delete
  5. Great products! I wish I had known about these beauty advent calenders :( xoxo

    gemstrendsblogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, loved everything except the perfume sample! I missed out on them last year, so went a bit crazy this year! :) xxx

      Delete