Friday, 13 December 2013

Day 13 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
Today was the 13th day of opening my advent calendars and its also National Christmas Jumper Day! But, I completely forgot to wear mine, oops. For those of you who haven’t read any of my beauty advent calendar posts, this year I went a bit crazy and ended up buying four….it wasn’t intentional, they were just all so amazing, I couldn’t resist!
 
 
beauty advent
 
 
These were the four I picked and so far I’m really impressed with all of them and its made the whole lead up to Christmas even more exciting! :)
 
Here’s what I got behind today’s doors!
 
DSCF6111
DSCF6118
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in 'Ferris Wheel'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I got this really nice pale blue shade called 'Ferris Wheel'. This will go so nicely with the shade I got yesterday, an aqua/mint green shade called 'Pepperminty'. Ferris Wheel is the perfect shade for spring/summer and is literally the perfect pale milky blue. Really like this one.
 
DSCF6114
 
Benefit Bracelet
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this bracelet, which although it is sweet, really isn't my kind of thing. I never wear anything gold and pink really isn't me at all. I would have much prefered make up, but I guess they had to bulk it out with some random products, like this and the hair clip I received a few days ago.
 
DSCF6126
 
The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Heart Soap
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this limited edition festive Cranberry scented soap, that also contains ground walnut shells! This retails at £2.50 and smells lovely. I always opt for shower gels over soaps, but I will definitely be using this cute little heart shaped soap :) 
 
DSCF6121
 
Vichy Liftactiv Serum 10 Eyes and Lashes
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this serum, for eyes and lashes. I have never heard of an eye serum before so this is really appealing to me. I have never used Vichy before but have heard great things about them, so excited to test out one of their products, especially something so unique. This serum is supposed to give an 'instant illumination and lifting effect to accentuate and rejuventate the eyes' and it also gives a fortified lash effect. This retails at £24.50 for 15ml and this sample is 3ml.
 
Overall today I'm not hugely excited by today's contents, but I'm not disappointed either :) Looking forward to day 14!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment