Thursday, 12 December 2013

Day 12 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
So today was day 12 of opening my advent calendars which means I’m already half way through :(  I have had the busiest day today, I was up at 4:30am and on my way to London at 6:30am, I got back at 7pm. It may come as a surprise to you, because I don’t suppose its the sort of thing that goes hand in hand with a beauty blog, but I am a huge football fan! I support Chelsea FC and today I got the opportunity to go to a Frank Lampard book signing. He is my hero and has been since I was eight years old, no footballer or celebrity will ever come close to him in my opinion!
 
I’ve always just thought he’s amazing and today I got to meet him and it was just incredible! I met some lovely people and all the staff were excellent, I had the best experience and not only did I get two books signed personalised to me, but I also got lots of pictures too and I might have been really gimpy and asked for a hug but he was really sweet and gave me a lovely bear hug :D  If you don’t know who he is, google him! He’s the most beautiful man to grace this earth :)
 
Anyway, back to beauty! For those of you that haven’t read any of these posts previously, this year I decided to get four beauty advent calendars. It wasn’t intentional, they just kept bringing them out and they were all so impressive and such excellent value for money, I couldn’t stop buying them! So, to pay for them I had to go on a little spending ban.
 
beauty advent
 
 
Here’s the four advent calendars that I purchased this year. Its been such a treat to open up these every day and I get so excited to see what is in them every morning :)
 
Here’s what I got behind today’s doors! The pictures are pretty rubbish because I took them at 5am, so the lighting wasn’t the best!
 
DSCF6098
DSCF6100
 
The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received a 30ml hand and nail cream, which retails at £5 normally. I am always buying hand creams because my hands are always cracked and so dry, so I keep them pretty much everywhere and use them several times a day. I actually nearly bought this the other day, so really happy to receive this as its definitely the sort of thing I'd buy myself. This has great reviews, so I'm hoping this is a winner for me :)
 
DSCF6103 
 
Ciate Mini Paint Pot in Pepperminty
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I got this beautiful shade which is inbetween a mint green and an aqua. Its so unique and totally the sort of shade I would be drawn to. I will get so much use out of this in spring/summer, not so much right now though. I have never seen a shade like this before and I'm really happy with it :)

DSCF6104

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
 
In my Benefit advent calender I received this 8.9g sample sized version of their moisturiser, the Total Moisture Facial Cream. Full size is 48.2g and retails at £27.50. I absolutely love the packaging of this, the cute glass pot its in is so sweet and competely different to any designs I have seen before. I have got some samples of Benefit skincare, but haven't tried them yet. I'm going to see if I get any more bits in my advent calendar and then test them all out together :) Moisturisers are essential to my skincare, I use them a minimum of 3 times a day and is really hard for me to find one that actually works, so hopefully this will impress me :)

DSCF6107

Boots Salon Nail Care Nail Shine Solution
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this full size nail shine solution that retails at £4.20. This is described as quick drying and chip resistant and can be worn on bare nails (applied twice weekly) or it can also be worn over a coloured polish as a topcoat. This sounds great to me and I absolutely love super glossy nails, so this will be perfect. The fact its quick drying is extra appealing too :)
 
So, another great lot of goodies today, really, very impressed! :) Can't wait for tomorrow!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment