Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Day 11 – What I Got In My Beauty Advent Calendars (Ciate, Benefit, Boots and The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendars)

Hey everyone,
 
 Today was day 11 of opening my beauty advent calendars and that means we’re nearly half way through! Which is sad because I’m enjoying opening them everyday so much, but it also means its a day closer to Christmas, which is very exciting :)
For those of you that haven’t read any of these posts recently, this year I couldn’t decide on a beauty advent calendar and actually ended up getting four, oops. But I did go on a spending ban to pay for the splurge :)
 Here’s the advent calendars I picked: 
beauty advent
 
 I decided on these four as they were just such incredible value and they’ve all been so impressive in their own little ways. My favourite is definitely either the Benefit one or The Body Shop one, I can’t pick between them two!
This is what I got behind today’s doors:
 
DSCF6070
DSCF6077
 
Benefit's Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner
 
In my Benefit advent calendar I received this mini eyeliner, which has 0.5g of product, the full size retailing at £15 has 1.2g, so not a bad size at all! I love testing out new eyeliners and I've never found two that I would describe as similar, they're all so different in my opinion. I like the idea of this being waterproof because my eyes are always watering, so I do try to go for waterproof ones, but they're much harder to find than regular eyeliners. I'm really looking forward to testing this one out :)
 
DSCF6079
 
Ghost Perfume
 
In my Boots advent calendar I received this Ghost perfume sample, my third so far in this advent calender, with at least another two more to come, which is slightly annoying because you can pick these up for free anywhere, but the advent calendar was only £30, so I guess its fair! This perfume is far too strong for me, it made me feel like I was going to sneeze after smelling it, so definitely not for me!
 
DSCF6082
 
Ciate Mini Glitter in 'Jingle Belle'
 
In my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar I received this mini glitter pot and it looks incredible! I've never used glittler on my nails before but this looks amazing, such a great combination of colours. This reminds me of a pink mermaid, all shimmery and pretty. The glitter is really finely milled and consists of iridescent greeny colours and a deep pink shade, absolutely gorgeous combination. Really looking forward to using this!
 
DSCF6086
 
The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream
 
In my Body Shop advent calendar I received this night cream from the Vitamin E range. Yesterday I received the matching day cream, so I'm really pleased to have recieved both to try together! Full size is 50ml and retails at £11, this is a rather generous 15ml sample, perfect for seeing if this is the right product for me or not :) I love trying new moisturisers as I have to use them at least three times a day, otherwise my face literally starts peeling, so I love testing new ones!
 
Really liked everything I received today except for the perfume sample, it was not nice and I really don't need anymore perfume samples! Excited to see what tomorrow brings :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x

2 comments:

  1. I use the Body Shop night cream and it's amazing! X

    Hanclarky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, sounds great, can't wait to try it! :) xxx

      Delete