Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Birchbox: December 2013

Hey everyone,
 
A few days ago I received my December Birchbox and it was jammed full of generous sized goodies, all of which I am very excited to try out :) We got a lovely little festive design on the box too which was a nice touch. Really pleased with my last Birchbox of the year and can’t wait to see what is in store for us next year! :)
 
This month the theme was products to help you 'sparkle and shine' throughout the festive month. There are four products to help you 'sparkle' and three to help you 'shine', a very generous box this month! :)
 
Here's what I got in my December Birchbox:
 
DSCF6209
DSCF6212
DSCF6214
DSCF6216
DSCF6217
 
Twistband
 
This clever little hairband keeps your hair secure without snagging strands or leaving kinks in your hair. These are perfect for pony tails or buns and I think these are a great idea! I hate the kink you get in your hair after having a pony tail so this is definitely a good invention for me! These retail at £10 for a pack of 6.
 
DSCF6219
 
Naobay Moisturizing Milk Cleanser
 
I have never heard of this brand before but they are a natural and organic brand, so I'm intrigued to see if it makes any difference to my current cleanser I am using which is neither of those things. This is a cleanser with a moisturising formula that removes makeup and impurities. They advise you use this morning and night and remove it with warm water. This is a very generous 50ml size, the 100ml full sized version retails at £12.95.
 
DSCF6221
 
Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in 'Paris'
 
I got this gorgeous shimmer eyeshadow in the shade Paris which is a beautiful sparkling sandy nude. This is very very shimmery and I really like the shade, I love neutral eyeshadows so I'm glad that's what I received :) I'm not sure if this is full size but there is a lot of product so it could be, full size retails at £12.50. I've never heard of this brand before but this eyeshadow looks lovely so I will definitely be looking more into them.
 
DSCF6224
 DSCF6232 DSCF6233
 
Nail Rock Nail Velvet in Navy
 
I got this nail velvet kit by Nail Rock, I have not got a nail velvet kit and I really like the colour so I am definitely intrigued by this. You could either received a nail velvet kit or a nail glitter kit, so I'm glad I got the velvet as its something I've never tried :) I'm not sure I'm keen on the 15-20 minute wait for these to dry though! These retail at £6.99.
 
DSCF6226
 
Number 4 Non-Aerosol Hairspray
 
I was so intrigued by this non-aerosol hairspray, but when I tried it today I wasn't very impressed. It doesn't have good hold and gives the hair a wet/crispy look, definitely not nice. I will definitely not repurchase this especially not at £18.50 for a full size bottle! The concept is a great idea, but the formula...not so great!
 
DSCF6228
 
BeeKind Body Lotion
 
I got a 30ml sample of a body lotion from another brand I have never heard of called 'BeeKind'. This boasts a nourishing, non-greasy formula with a fresh lemon scent and claims to keep skin hydrated all day. This apparently works best massaged into the skin after a shower or bath. Full size retails at £12.95.
 
DSCF6231
 
Lipsy Glam Fragrance
 
Lastly I received a 2ml sample of a Lipsy fragrance called 'Glam' and it smells lovely! I really don't mind receiving perfume samples as a little extra but I hate when beauty boxes include one as a main product, so Birchbox have definitely got it right! I really like the scent of this and with prices starting at only £18, I think I'm going to have to purchase it!
 
Overall, another great box from Birchbox. My only criticism would be that a few of the brands included are not widely available in the UK, the products featured are available on the Birchbox UK site, but if you wanted to explore the brand a bit more, it would be difficult!
 
We also got a $20 (around £12) voucher with no minimum spend to use on BaubleBar to celebrate them launching in the UK!
 
If you like the look of this month's box, please use my sign up link, this way we both receive £5 worth of points to spend in the e-store! :) Sign up here if you like the look of Birchbox!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Birchbox?
 
Emily :) x
 

8 comments:

  1. I just got some of the hair bands in my December Julep box and can't wait to try them out!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a similar box and wasn't that impressed this month after the last few amazing ones. Nice to try new brands out though x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, the products aren't great but the sizes are so generous so it was a tricky one this month! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Ahh such great products!!! Really tempted to sign up for a new Beauty Box

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so worth it, so exciting receiving them in the post :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Great items. I got completely different products in my birchbox this month.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was pleased with what I got! Hope you like what you got in yours :) xxx

      Delete