Monday, 4 November 2013

Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. & Effaclar Duo

Hey everyone,
 
Today, I wanted to review two amazing spot-fighting treatments, both by French company, La Roche-Posay. Everyone and their mother seemed to be raving about La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo, so when it was on offer at Boots last month, I decided I had to try it for myself. I also picked up the Effaclar A.I. as it was described as more of an 'on spot' treatment, which I thought would be better to apply throughout the day for the more persistant blemishes that just don't seem to want to leave my face!
 
 
 
Effaclar Duo
 
Effaclar Duo is a moisturising cream-gel with a really light, watery consistancy, so you only have to use a small amount. It contains four active ingredients to help fight skin imperfections. Niacinamide and Piroctone Olamine are responsible for purifying the skin and protecting the skin against future breakouts developing and the LHA/Linoleic Acid combination help to eliminate the dead skin cells which are responsible for sebum-clogged pores. La Roche-Posay's thermal spring water is also a key ingredient, which acts as an anti-irritant and has soothing properties.
 
Effaclar Duo is described as mattifying and moisturising, while I agree it is lightly moisturising, I wouldn't say it is particularly mattifying. It is also described as refreshing and non-greasy, which is completely true.
 
I applied this morning and evening for only a few days before I noticed a huge difference in my skin. My blemishes were healing much faster and there wasn't any new ones appearing, if I did feel one coming up, it never appeared. After another few weeks of using this, I have been pretty much blemish-free for a couple of weeks now and even when I have got a spot, it hasn't lasted even a quarter of the time they usually do, which is a massive thing for me.
 
Like I said, I have had a few spots but they have all been tiny, and have only lasted a few days, which is amazing as sometimes my blemishes would take well over a month to fade! This does not dry the skin out at all, which is something I usually suffer with when it comes to spot-fighting creams/gels etc. You get 40ml of product and I think it will last a good three months for me, as you have to use so little.
 
Overall, this product is amazing and it is something everyone should try! Escentual currently have this for 25% off, so it is only £10.12, you can find it here .
 
 
Effaclar A.I.
 
Effaclar A.I. is more of a targeted spot treatment cream, that you can apply to any individual areas/blemishes, rather than an all over preventative treatment. This cream is designed to not only treat imperfections but also to prevent skin-marking too. Niacinamide is included to stop the development of the breakout in its tracks and the Piroctone Olamine/Glycacil combination purifies the skin and combats the bacterial activity to help eliminate any existing imperfections. Micro-exfoliating LHA is included to help the skin repair and La Roche Posay's thermal spring water encourages the skin's regeneration process.
 
This cream is a lot thicker than the Effaclar Duo, I usually just apply it thinly to any blemishes I have had whenever I think to apply it really. There are no restrictions on how often you can apply this, although I do then to apply it no more than three times a day really, you can also use this under makeup.
 
This really does speed up the process of eliminating any blemishes and is such a great product. For £10.50 you get 15ml of product, which is definitely a lot of 'on spot' treatments for me, you can buy it from Escentual here .
 
Overall, both products are really amazing. This work amazingly well for me and my skin hasn't been this clear since I was about 12, haha. I never suffer from massive breakouts, but I usually have 2/3 blemishes that linger for sometimes a month, which was really frustrating. So, the fact my skin is healing a lot faster is such a relief!
 
I am seriously impressed with La Roche-Posay, and I can't wait to try more of their products now :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried either of these products?
 
Emily :) x

 


8 comments:

  1. Haven't tried them yet, but they're so raved about! I need some Effaclar duo in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so amazing, definitely worth trying! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any La Roche-Posay products before but I've heard a lot of great things about those two!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone seems to love them! I definitely want to try more now :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I just got a sample of the effaclar duo so I'm excited to try it.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it as much as I do :D xxx

      Delete
    2. Not tried this range but read so many rave reviews

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your useful review.
    I want to know more about these two products.
    You usually apply both of them on your face at the same time or you use them individually in different time?

    ReplyDelete