Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Haul: (What I Got From Debenhams) Amazing Lancome Gift With Purchase Offer & Much More!

Hey everyone,
 
Its no secret that I am a huge Lancome fan, I have tried so many of their products and I've not come across many that I dislike, and I've never come across anything that I've hated. So, when they have an offer on, I cannot resist to try some new goodies or stock up on old favourites.
 
I also took advantage of some other offers that were on the website, but sadly they are no longer available, I think they ended the very next day actually! Another thing that is no secret is the fact I rarely pay full price for something, there's always some sort of offer, discount, or free gift involved!
 
So, here's everything I got:
 

 
Lancome's Baume In Love in 'A La Folie, Cherry 130'
 
So, this looks really crazy in the bullet but its not like that on application at all. The Baume In Love lip balms are from Lancome's Spring Collection, so I don't know why Debenhams had one of these, left over stock I guess, but I was happy to take it off their hands! I already have one of these lip balms in a different shade, and I absolutely love it. They are pricey at £20, which is obviously crazy money to spend on a lip balm, but they are super hydrating, last for hours and give a really natural hint of colour for that 'my lips but better' look.

 
Lancome's Eclat Miracle (Serum of Light Universal Radiance Booster)
 
This is something I've been thinking about purchasing for a few months now, and I have finally taken the plunge. This product is a liquid highlighter, and as I am obsessed with trying different highlighters at the moment, it just made sense that this would be my second item that I needed to purchase to receive the free gift.
 
You can use this on its own or mix it with your foundation, or even on top of your foundation in areas where you feel you need a bit of radiance. I will probably be using it on top of my foundation, on my cheek bones, under the arch of my brows and above my cupid's bow. Its actually described as a primer on the Boots website and I know people use it under their foundation as a brightening primer too.
 
It retails at £21 for 20ml of product, which is a hell of a lot of product, so this should last me forever! You can find it here.
 
So, here's the free gift I received for buying two Lancome items:
 
 
Sorry, the pictures are so tiny, Blogger only lets me enlarge the first picture - very annoying! If anyone has this problem and has worked out how to fix it, please let me know :)
 
 
Gel Eclat Clarifying Cleanser
 
So, you get a free full size Gel Eclat cleanser worth £22, that would be an amazing free gift on its own, but you get a hell of a lot more included in the free gift! This is 125ml, so will last a good few months. I really like Lancome's cleansers and toners but I have yet to try this one! I mostly use cleansers that you apply then wipe away with a cotton pad, this one is massaged into damp skin, then rinsed off. I look forward to testing this one out, to see if I prefer it to the other Lancome ones that I have tried :)

 
La Vie Est Belle Perfume Sample
 
This is only a small 1.5ml vial sample, but it is a beautiful perfume, I bought it when I first received a sample of it a few months ago and it is definitely one of my favourites. This perfume really is a gorgeous scent and its definitely a very welcome sample in this free gift.

 
Hydra Zen Neurocalm Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream
 
I do use this moisturiser a lot, it is very hydrating and has a lovely refreshing scent, but I really don't believe it works when it comes to de-stressing me, but I would never expect that from a moisturiser anyway. This is a 15ml sample which is definitely plenty to work out whether you like it or not :)

 
Hypnose Mascara
 
This is a small 2ml sample of one of Lancome's most popular mascara's, 'Hypnose' in 'Noir'. I don't ever use any other mascaras other than my beloved Yves Saint Laurent's Volume Effet Faux Cills, so I have no idea what this is like, but I will definitely put it to the test. I don't think anything will beat YSL though for me, I have tried about 20 mascaras/mascara samples since using YSL and I've thrown away probably 75% of them, knowing I will never use them, while still owning my beloved YSL mascara :)

 
Tonique Douceur Softening Hydrating Toner
 
I use this toner all the time, its definitely one of my favourites. It doesn't dry out my skin, like most toners do and its also alcohol-free which is really important for me when it comes to toners as alcohol literally strips my skin of all its oils. This is another generous sample size, at 50ml, which would probably last about a month if you were using it morning and night!

 
DreamTone Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector in 'Pigmentation Profile 1 - Fair Skin Tone'
 
This is Lancome's new serum, which I am really excited to try as I really like Lancome's other serums (Visionnaire and Genifique). This is designed to correct the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tone, and visibly corrects colour irregularities. This does seem to be getting some really great reviews, and after a week of using morning and night apparently your skin is glowing and looks a lot more even. It comes in three different types; 01 Fair Skin, 02, Medium Skin and 03 Dark Skin. I've never known a serum be created for different skin colours, and I have no idea why that is, but I am glad the one included in the free gift was the 'Fair Skin' one! This is a generous 7ml sample which will last a few weeks :)
 
 
L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick in '06'
 
This is a really sweet mini lipstick, but actually includes a generous amount of product. This is definitely moisturising, lasts very well, doesn't bleed and is pigmented too! The only thing is, its more or less identical to my natural lip colour, so its not something I will be reaching for all the time, but I'm definitely intrigued about the L'Absolu lipstick range now.

 
Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum
 
I have used the Genifique serum before and really liked it, it made me skin appear much healthier and made it so silky and soft. This one is the new 'Advanced' version, and I cannot wait to test it out! :) Genefique worked really well for me so, I'm excited to see if the Advanced version works even better. This is a 7ml sample, which lasts for a good few weeks as you only have to use two/three drops in the morning using the dropper provided in the lid.

 
Makeup bag and two eye brushes
 
Not only did I receive a whole load of skincare, beauty and perfume sample/full size products, I also got this really lovely makeup bag with two Lancome eye brushes! The brushes are really soft and seem to be of very high quality. The slanted brush is very stiff so perfect for filling in eyebrows or for darker shades of eyeshow around the lash line. The other brush would be suitable for applying a base eyeshadow colour.
 
Overall, this free gift is worth around £70, so considering I only spent £41 on two other products, it really is a great deal and takes away the shock of spending £20 on a lip balm. This is perfect for someone wanting to try Lancome as you do get a bit of everything. If you do want to purchase this, the cheapest two items you can buy are the nail varnishes (here) which are £12.50 each, so you would only be spending £25 and receiving that huge free gift, I have tried this and it definitely works. This free gift offer was meant to stop running yesterday, but they must have extra stock as it is still working so get in quick while its still there :)
 
Here's some other offers I took advantage of on my Debenhams shopping spree:

 
Ted Baker X2O Gift Set
 
I bought this Ted Baker gift set for £5 and I also bought the men's version for a little stocking filler for my Fiance, Luke. For £5 this is great gift and includes a little 10ml bottle of the eau de toilette and then you get a 50ml shower gel too. The Ted Baker fragrances that I have tried before are usually very nice and also very purse-friendly. Because I bought something from the gift set range I got a free mystery gift for each set, for the women's set, I received a black Calvin Klein shopper bag and for the men's set, I got a huge Ralph Lauren duffle bag. They were obviously trying to get rid of those bags you get free when you buy perfume/aftershave, but they were great little stocking fillers to add to people's Christmas presents and considering I only spent £10, it was definitely a bargain. I have to point out this set is sold out on Debenhams online now though, but I have seen them in store.

 
Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Foaming Shower Gel Sensation
 
I had tried a sample of the Rituals Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Body Cream before and really liked it, and so I ordered this 200ml bottle of foaming shower gel for £7, which is a good price for such a great brand and I am also a massive fan of foaming shower gels. This smells gorgeous and I will definitely be trying more of the Rituals foaming shower gels. I had been planning on buying this anyway but when I saw it was included in yet another free gift promotion, it sealed the deal even further!
 
Here's the free gift I received for buying the Rituals shower gel:

 
Rituals T'ai Chi White Lotus & Green Tea Foaming Shower Gel Sensation
 
A 50ml sample of the White Lotus & Green Tea shower gel, which smells incredible! I might even prefer it to the Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom version. Such a generous sample, that smells amazing - can't complain!

 
the microdelivery exfoliating face wash from Philosophy
 
Another generous sample of 30ml, this exfoliating face wash has amazing reviews, so this was something I had been wanting to try anyway, so I was so pleased to recieve this in the free gift.

 
The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Face Gel
 
This is a brand I have never heard of and it is a tiny sachet sample, only 2ml. This is described as 'a powerful, light gel that is rich in herbal extracts. It lifts and minimises pores, mops up free radicals and helps reduct the appearance of wrinkles.' This brand is the first pharmacy dedicated to all things organic. I am looking forward to using this but know its not a big enough sample to know if it works or not.

 
Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara
 
This is another small sample, but definitely something I'll be interested in testing out as I've never tried any Givenchy makeup. This is described as being a 4 in 1 mascara; volume, length, curl and care.

 
Balance Me Moisture-Rich Face Cream
 
I have tried a few Balance Me products before and haven't been blown away by them, but having dreadfully dry skin in winter, I am interested in trying any moisturisers I can get my hands on. This is suitable for normal to dry/sensitive skin types, has 99% natural origin and was lovingly made in the UK! This is a generous 20ml sample considering 50ml retails at £24!
 
So, as if that wasn't enough, I also got a £10 Debenhams gift voucher, for spending over £50! So overall, I only spent just over £50 on five items, but I got so much back in free gifts. This has got to be one of my most successful bargain hunting hauls ever :)
 
Although the majority of these offers aren't running anymore, the Lancome one is still and Debenhams always have offers running, remember to check the 'free gifts/offers' tab on the beauty section of the website, because its updated so regularly and they aren't often advertised.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 


10 comments:

  1. Can't believe what fantastic value your free gifts came up too! BARGAIN!
    I'm the exact same - though I do spend a fair bit of money a month on new things, I only buy things if there's an offer of some sort involved, then I can somewhat justify it ^_^
    about the photo thing, I'd really recommend downloading 'window's live writer' its free and it's made blogging SOOO MUCH EASIER! you can chose the picture sizes and adjust everything on there and when you've finished a post simply press publish, or instead you can post the draft to your blog and open it in blogger if you want - it's the best blogging tip I have ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too! Such amazing value! :) Yeah, that's exactly the same as me, haha! Thanks so much for the recommendation, I will definitely download that! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. wow what a great haul, you got so much, love it!! ;) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Can't believe how much I got! Thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  3. What an amazing haul!! Amazing GWP too, I'm very jealous! :)

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such good value! Definitely worth every penny :) xxx

      Delete
  4. WOW! What an impressive haul..
    You got some serious goodies there!
    Now following you on bloglovin :)
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Can't wait to use them all :D such a great bargain :) Thanks lovely :D xxx

      Delete
  5. That is an amazing GWP from Lancome!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Definitely one of the best ones I have ever had from them :) xx

      Delete