Friday, 15 November 2013

Glossybox November 2013

 
Hey everyone,
 
Its that time again, Glossybox is out for delivery and everyone is starting to receive their boxes. I think the vast majority of us were hoping for much better boxes than the last few we've had. This is also the first time I've ever received a box, where I haven't look at other people's blog posts to see what will be included, so the contents were a complete surprise for once!
 
 
I have to say, they did much better this month, but they've still got a long way to go to live up with some of their previous boxes, and the boxes that Birchbox have been releasing lately.
 
This month didn't really have a theme, which doesn't bother me, I just really hope they have a lovely Christmassy box next month :)
 
So, here's what was in the November box:


 
Elegant Touch Nail Polish Remover Pads
 
I have tried nail polish remover pads before and they really are a great little invention. I haven't tried this particular brand before, but I look forward to testing them out. Nail polish remover pads, for those of you who haven't used them before are essentially just round flat cotton pads soaked in nail polish remover, so its perfect for someone on the go, or just to make things a lot easier and quicker.
This pack is full size and contains 20 pads, this retails at £2 and you can buy it from Boots, Superdrug and New Look.

 
Yves Rocher Hand Cream
 
After discovering a perfume that I loved by Yves Rocher in a Glossybox months and months ago, I decided to have a look at their website and have since tried a whole load of their products and I really do love them as a brand, they produce amazing items at great prices - what more could you want? I have yet to try one of their hand creams though, so this full size hand cream was a welcome addition as my hands are so dry right now. Its cocoa and pistachio scented, which is something I wouldn't normally choose, but it smells lovely!
 
This is a really great handcream, the thing I love most about it is how quickly it sinks in, literally in about 15-20 seconds, you're good to go. This definitely has a new home in my bedside table. You get 75ml of product for £1.95, which is such a great price.

 
GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in '148 Sundown' by Gosh Cosmetics
 
This is a full size lipstick and retails at £6.49. This is pretty much almost a pumpkin orange colour, which is really not my sort of thing. I've tried orangey lipsticks before and they're just not for me. Its a shame I'm not really fond of the shade because its really nice to receive a full size lipstick! 

 
Miconized Eyeshadow in 'Nect' by Emite Make Up
 
When I first saw this, I was thinking 'oh great, a shade I would never use', but on closer inspection this is such a beautiful colour. It is absolutely perfect for a highlighter, under the brow or even on the cheek bones, or above your cupid's bow. I think this would look lovely on the inner corner of the eye as a brightener as well, so it really is a vesatile shade. The texture is so velvety and the pigmentation is great, I am really so pleased with this! This is full size and retails at £16.80.

 
Vichy Idealia Life Serum & Smoothing and Iluminating Cream
 
I'm really pleased to see a well known and loved brand included, and can't wait to try these samples out. I have never tried any Vichy products before, but have heard such great things about the brand and their products. I received three samples; one of their Smoothing and Illuminating Cream and two of their Life Serum. They are tiny samples at only 3ml each, but still, its nice to have a well known brand and they did come beautifully packaged in a cute little pink bag. The serum is £29.50 for 30ml and for 50ml of the Smoothing and Illuminating Cream, it will cost you £22, so quite expensive but not ridiculously so.
 
I am very happy that Glossybox have stepped up their game, and I really look forward to the December box :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think of this month's Glossybox?
 
Emily :) x
 


6 comments:

  1. You got some different items to me but they look really good, so looks like all the Glossybox options this month were good for a change! I'm really pleased with this month's box too, but hope it's not a one off x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad they upped their game again! Glad you're pleased with your box too :) xxx

      Delete
  2. id love a box like urs just had my email

    ReplyDelete
  3. we tend to get very different things in our glossy box in the US but I sure hope I get that Vichy package.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do get completely different things to us in the UK, fingers crossed for you to get the Vichy samples :) xxx

      Delete