Friday, 8 November 2013

Favourites: October 2013

Hey everyone,
 
Cannot believe we are into November already - this year is just flying past! This is definitely my favourite time of year, I love the autumn/winter fashion, anything to do with Christmas, and surprisingly, to a lot of people, I much prefer the weather. Whenever its sunny/hot, it just gives me really bad headaches and I can barely go out in it for 10 minutes without feeling sick, so for me, this cold weather is very welcome!
 
 
Here's some of my favourites from October 2013 :)

 
Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in '107'
 
Arguably the most popular lipstick in the blogging world. This shade is loved by pretty much everyone and I completely understand why. I bought this last week and I cannot get enough of it, it is definitely the perfect autumnal, deep, vampy red. For £5.49, this beautifully moisturising lipstick is an absolute steal. It has a lovely sweet scent, that isn't too overpowering, and looks amazing on. Everyone needs this lipstick in their lives, its so striking without being over the top. It applies beautifully and doesn't highlight any dryness on my lips - something rare in most lipsticks I have tried.

 
Nanshy Blending Eyeshadow Brush
 
I got this brush sent to me as part of Nanshy's new 7-piece eye brush set. All of the brushes are amazing, they all wash up well, are incredibly soft and don't shed. But this one stood out to me as it does its job perfectly, it blends your eyeshadow beautifully and with ease, i'm not very good at eyeshadow, but the improvement is massive since using these brushes. The set retails at £29.95 but is worth every single penny, in my opinion. You can read more about these brushes here where I reviewed them properly :)
 
 
Sleek's 'Au Naturel Palette'
 
The perfect autumnal palette. I absolutely love this palette and have been using it most days. The colours are all wonderfully pigmented, blend with ease and have such a velvety texture. I cannot believe this is priced at £7.99, I have individual eyeshadows/eyeshadow duos from YSL and Lancome that are priced between £18 and £30 and are useless in comparison to this! Twelve completely wearable shades that compliment each other amazingly, and the looks you can create with this palette are endless - no brainer, I couldn't recommend this more.

 
Lancome Effacernes Longue Tenue (Long-Lasting Softening Concealer)
 
I have been using this concealer more and more lately, its so natural looking, not cakey in the slightest. This is the perfect under-eye concealer and it really brightens up my eyes, covering any darkness under my eyes. I use this on blemishes too as it is great at masking any imperfections too. I use the shade 01 Beige Pastel and its perfect for my super pale skin. This isn't cheap at £21, but you get a huge amount of product (15ml), this will last me years! I'm sure I have wrote about this before, but I can't find the post, so I'm sorry if I've raved about it before and I'm just repeating myself, haha.

 
Nuxe's Reve De Miel Baume Levres - Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm
 
The amount of you guys that have recommended this to me after my constant moaning about my dry lips, I am so glad I listened to you! This product is absolutely brilliant, it makes a perfect base for any drying lipsticks I can never usually use. It is so thick in consistancy and tastes a bit like Terry's Chocolate Orange to me; never a bad thing! I always apply this while I'm doing all my face makeup, so it sinks in while I'm doing that, then I can apply any lip product over the top and it looks so much better! At £9.50, not the cheapest but so worth it! This little baby is going to keep my lips happy through these winter months :)

 
La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo
 
I have reviewed this in more depth here.
 
I absolutely love this product and you can read my rave review on the link above. It has helped my skin improve massively, I apply this every morning and evening and my skin is completely different to when I started using this a month ago. I don't suffer from half as many blemishes as I used to, and have been completely blemish free on some occasions for the first time in years! When I do get a blemish they are a quarter of the size and take days to fade instead of a month! Absolutely amazing product, currently on offer at Escentual with 25% off, so costly only £10.12 instead of £13.50, you can find it here.

 
Osmosis Brow Gel in 'Taupe'
 
This is actually an American product, so not available in the UK :( It costs $20, which is about £12.53, but this is absolutely amazing. I am so gutted they don't sell this in the UK, I ordered it from America, along with lots of other American branded products and I incurred a massive customs charge (about £70!), so I won't be doing that again. But I have to say, for any American readers, that this product is really something. I have probably 20 different brow gels/powders/kits and this one just stands out. It holds my brows in what ever position I brush them into and is so pigmented, so gives them a much needed tint of colour. I won't rave about it too much, because its obviously not easy to get hold of, but I am on the look out for something similar in the UK, I'm going to try Laura Mercier's Brow Definer, as it looks similar, to see how it compares!
 
Overall, I've found some of my favourite products ever in October and I recommend every single product I've featured in this post, so highly! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products? What are your October favourites?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Nuxe lip balm, my lips get so dry and it annoys me a lot all of the time! Might pop it on my christmas wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent so long deciding on whether to buy it or not, I'm so glad I did! You should definitely try it out, my lips get terribly dry and its helped massively :D xxx

      Delete
  2. The Nuxe lip balm seems like such a luxurious product and just rich enough for any horrible winter weather we can expect to come. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely luxurious, totally agree, its perfect for the winter months :) xxx

      Delete
  3. That Kate moss lipstick is love!

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing! I absolutely love it :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I agree, the Kate Moss lipstick is an essential to your make up collection and beats most high end lipsticks in similar shades!
    TheGirlsNextDoorUK | thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's completely true, its such a beautiful formula and shade - I absolutely adore it :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I agree with you on the Kate Moss lipstick. In fact, I love her entire lipstick collection with Rimmel. The silky-velvety finish is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the other shades, but I definitely will now I have tried that one! :D xxx

      Delete
  6. Love the Au Naturel palette! I need to get the Rimmel 107 - everyone is talking about that shade this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so stunning, you definitely do, its a must have :D xxx

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely round-up! I also love the Kate Moss lipstick, great value and a stunning blood red! xo

    Sophie | soinspo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely agree, its such a beautiful shade! :) xxx

      Delete