Thursday, 21 November 2013

Birchbox UK November 2013

Hey everyone,
 
So, after receiving an amazing box from Birchbox last month, I decided to stay subscribed and I'm really glad I did because the November box I received was great too! I'm seriously so impressed with Birchbox and cannot wait to see what they have in store for their December box.
 
 
This month's box's theme was 'Icons'. The idea behind this theme was getting inspiration 'from the icons that help inspire us to be the best possible versions on ourselves'. These include empowering examples everywhere from 'women in the public eye to CEOs and hard-working mums' and some of these, play key roles in the products in this box.
 
I really like the idea of the five little cards included in the box, instead of a magazine. One of the cards you receive is a lovely list of 'words of wisdom', which is essentially a list of quotes from inspirational women, such as Madonna and Audrey Hepburn. There is also an 'agenda' card, which has a suggested place to visit, film to watch, theatre play to see and an album to listen to, there is also a 'tutorial' card with a step-by-step guide to create an eye look using products from the Laura Mercier range (including one of the items we received in this month's box!).
 
Another card is a 'gift guide' which includes seven ideas for Christmas gifts and finally the last card is a card you can fill in the blanks of several sentences about your icons, motivations and iconic beauty products then you can upload it to Instagram or Twitter to share with other Birchbox subscribers :)
 
Here's what was inside this month's box:
 

 
English Laundry by Christopher Wicks
 
This is a small 2ml vial sample of a perfume I have never heard of but it is quite a nice scent. I don't think I'd rush out to buy it but it isn't unpleasant at all. I don't really like receiving perfume samples like this because you can pick them up for free in all department stores, all you need to do is ask, they have hundreds of samples to give out! But because you get so much in this month's box, I won't complain too much :)

 
Laura Mercier's Long Lash Mascara
 
Another Laura Mercier sample this month? So impressed, Birchbox! I do have my favourite mascara that I have used for over a year now, but I will definitely be trying this one out. I was expecting the sample to be tiny, but its actually pretty generous! This mascara is perfect for a natural look, lengthening and seperating the lashes with no clumping or smudging. Full size retails at £18.50 and this sample is half the size of the full size version, so worth over £9 for this product alone!

 
Weleda Replenishing Oat Shampoo
 
Another well known and loved brand. Really happy to receive any haircare samples, especially shampoos and conditioners, so this was a very welcome addition. 190ml retails at £8.95, which is quite a lot more than I usually pay for shampoo, but if I do fall in love with this, its not too ridiculously priced. This sample is quite small, at 18ml, which would probably be about two washes if I'm lucky, but I have long hair and a lot of it! This shampoo is described as a gentle shampoo, containing organic jojoba oil to smooth, reduce breakage and improve suppleness.
 
 
Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Body Lotion
 
Yet another really well known brand! A very generous 30ml sample of Molton Brown's Ylang-Ylang body lotion. I think I was meant to receive a body wash sample (which was what was written on my card listing what is included in my box), which I would have preferred, but I'm not too fussed! I don't use body lotions much, because I'm pretty lazy, but I will definitely be using this one to add a bit of luxury to my life :) 
 
 
Chella Highlighter Pencil in 'Ivory Lace'
 
I'm not sure if this is full sized, if its not, its a very large sample size! I absolutely love highlighters and I don't have anything like this one, which is in pencil form, so very happy to see a highlighter being included! It is soft, more like a crayon, and is a very pale peach colour. Its not like traditional highlighters I use, because it is completely matte, but I am very interested to test this out, I think it would be particularly suitable for highlighting the arch of your brows. Full size of this retails at £15.95!

 
Birchbox Pencil Sharpener
 
An extra 'goodie' included in this months box was this pencil sharpener, suitable for small and large pencils. I don't have a double sharpener like this one, so really pleased with this. This retails at £3 :)
 
 
Selection of Pukka Herbs Teas
 
The lifestyle extra included in this month's box was three different teas, the flavours I received are; Three Cinnamon, Elderberry & Echinacea and Earl Grey. I don't drink hot drinks, except hot chocolate occasionally, so I will be giving these to my Nan as I'm sure she'd like these fancy teas! 20 of these teabags retail at £2.29.
 
If you decide to sign up to Birchbox after reading all about this month's fab box, you can sign up here. If you sign up using that link, you get £5 worth of points to spend in the e-store :) For £12.95 including shipping, this box is an absolute steal :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What do you think about this month's Birchbox?
 
Emily :) x



 

6 comments:

  1. It's so cool that they gave a Laura Mercier product! And the highlighting pencil looks really nice
    x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got almost the same box, but I got false eyelashes instead of the tea :) It's a great box this month, I'm loving Birchbox recently!

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's nice! I would have preferred the false eyelashes to tea! Me too, definitely prefer them to Glossybox at the moment! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. We got a completely different theme for Birchbox in the US this month. It was great though.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you loved your Birchbox too :D xxx

      Delete