Thursday, 3 October 2013

September 2013 Favourites!

Hey everyone,
 
I can't believe September has come and gone already! I am just in complete Christmas mode now, I am one of those Christmas obsessed people that find nothing more appealing than a garden centre filled to the brim with new Christmas tree decorations. I know its still three months away, haha.
 
 
Anyway, onto last month's favourites! September produced sooo many favourites for me, but I wanted to keep it at six products.
 
 
L'Occitane Hand Cream
 
This hand cream is amazing. I had heard people raving about it for a while but always thought, a hand cream is a hand cream, but I was so wrong. My hands are so dry, my skin is completely cracked around my knuckes and this hand cream is the only one I have found that actually works to hydrate my skin. The best thing about this hand cream is how quickly it sinks in. I am often put off from using hand creams as I can't refrain from using my hands for five minutes whilst they dry, I'm far too fidgety. It is quite pricey at £8 for 30ml, but oh so worth it, you have to use it so much less than a regular hand cream.
 
 
 
No7 Protect & Perfect Day Cream
 
As you can see, I've nearly used this one up, I just keep going back to this moisturiser, its definitely one of my favourites ever. This is the old style packaging, it looks quite a bit different now. This retails at £23, so pretty expensive but it works so well, its definitely worth the price tag. I use this in the morning and before applying makeup and then the night cream before bed. It works so well at keeping my skin hydrated and supple all day and has an SPF of 15. It has such a lovely thick formula and you get 50ml in a tub which lasts me months. The scent is gorgeous too!
 
 
 Too Faced La Creme Colour Drenched Lip Cream in 'Coral Fire'
 
I absolutely love the formula of this, its so creamy, yet pigmented at the same time. Application is flawless, it just glides on effortlessy and doesn't cling to my dry lips, yay! The colour is truely beautiful and perfect for any occasion. I am definitely going to have to get more of these lip creams as they are one of the nicest formulas I've ever used in a lip product. They are so moisturising and last pretty well too :)
 
 
Lancome Blush Subtil Palette in '01 Rose Flush'
 
I love everything about this palette. The contour is beautiful and natural and the highlight gives such a perfect sheen and draws light to the highest point of the cheek bones and the arch of the brow. The blush embossed with the trademark Lancome rose is such a lovely shade and gives you a gorgeous healthy glow. They are so velvety and easy to blend and they compliment each other wonderfully. I honestly rate this palette so highly and its my go-to highlight, contour and blush all in one - perfect!

 
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in '1C0 Shell'
 
This foundation is perfect for bad skin days and it covers everything, it literally has the best coverage ever. It is very heavy on the skin, but it doesn't clog my pores and break me out, so the heaviness of it, isn't too much of a problem if you only use it when you really need it. It matches my cool toned extremely pale skin perfectly and despite being such heavy coverage, it isn't at all cakey. 
 
 
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in '16 Orange Impertinent'
 
This has got to be my favourite formula of any lip product I've ever owned. It is very expensive at £24.50, but it is such a luxury product, the packaging is definitely in keeping with the high end price tag and the formula is second to none. This is such a gorgeous shade too, a beautiful coral colour. This is so hydrating and creamy but it just applies like a dream, one quick swipe leaves you with a beautiful wash of colour and a slight shine. I don't like really opaque lip products, that are prone to bleeding, they just cling to my dry lips, but this has a lovely colour pay off and doesn't show up my dry skin on my lips at all :) I hope Santa gets me another one of these for Christmas ;)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x


20 comments:

  1. L'occitane hand cream is amazing! My mom uses it and whenever I am at her house I steal some! Great Favorites xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally swear by it, its incredible! :) Thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  2. ooh like the look of the Too faced lipstick looks really creamy! new GFC follower nice post. Follow back?

    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, its so lovely :) Thank you! I am following you back, lovely blog :) xxx

      Delete
  3. That YSL lipstick is a thing of beauty, I'm very jealous :) x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful! I completely adore it :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the shade of the YSL lipstick. I've always wanted to try one of their lipsticks, I hope santa brings me one too haha!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its gorgeous! Haha, my fingers are crossed for you ;) xxx

      Delete
  5. Really like loccitane cream
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the blush palette looks so pretty!!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing and it works beautifully too :D xxx

      Delete
  7. I'd love to try a YSL lipstick or lipgloss. They seem amazing! Love this post though! oxo

    http://ronnielodge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try one for so long and I am so glad I bought one! :) Thanks so much lovely xxx

      Delete
  8. nice,the blush looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog! I adore it! :) I’m definitely going to be reading frequently! Also, I just started a blog and it’d be amazing if you could check it out and give me suggestions? Thanks hun

    xx Jenna
    http://loveandotherbliss.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! That's such a nice thing to hear :) I will definitely check out your blog Jenna :) xxx

      Delete
  10. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will definitely check out your blog :) xxx

      Delete