Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, Pink Punch & Hydrate (Swatches & Lip Swatches)

Hey everyone,
 
So, like everyone else and their mothers, I was eagerly anticipating the arrival of Maybelline Baby Lips in the UK. A few weeks after they arrived, they were on 3 for 2 at Boots, so I picked up three; two tinted ones and one hydrating version. I use lip balms & tinted lip balms more than anything else, so love when new ones come out! :)

You have probably seen a hundred reviews on these already but because I have a sort of mixed review, I thought it was worth posting :)

 
There are six different versions of the Maybelline Baby Lips and I definitely want to try all of them! I chose Pink Punch, Hydrate & Cherry me, the three other versions are Peach Kiss (tinted peach colour), Intense Care and Mint Fresh. They retail at £2.99 each.

The packaging is really sweet, they're vibrant and I like how colourful they are it makes a change to a lot of the dull colours we usually see in our makeup collections!
 
 
The tinted versions are very, very sheer, so don't be fooled by their bold colour! They just give a lovely hint of colour, although they are definitely the most sheer tinted lip balms I own though, but it makes a nice change.

 
The first one I tried was Hydrate, and I can honestly say, I hate it. It is really waxy, not hydrating enough and smells horrible. The smell does not go away and it just reminds me of washing up liquid, its far too overpowering to be on your lips. At this point, I was so disappointed and didn't even try Pink Punch or Cherry Me for about a week, but they are so much better than Hydrate!

 
Pink Punch is my favourite of the three, it gives a lovely pale pink tint to your lips. These aren't the most hydrating lip balms, but they're fine if your lips aren't really, really chapped. I find the formula of the tinted lip balms to be a lot less waxy than the Hydrate version.

 
Cherry Me is slightly redder once applied and just enhances your natural lips. I really like this one too, but I think I prefer the colour of Pink Punch as I just own anything like it.
 
Here are some swatches:

 
Top: Pink Punch
Bottom: Cherry Me
 
They look almost the same on the skin!
 
Lip swatches:

 
Pink Punch

 
Cherry Me
 
Overall I think the Maybelline Baby Lips are good but not amazing, they're not my favourite lip balms, but I definitely want to try the other three versions. I think the tinted ones have a really nice colour to them so I'm really looking forward to picking up Peach Kiss.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried Maybelline Baby Lips? Which is your favourite?
 
Emily :) x


13 comments:

  1. I've seen nothing but glowing reviews of these, I knew there had to be another side to the story! Thanks for sharing.
    Pink Punch does look like a really pretty shade on the lips, though :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no problem :) I think they are good, just not amazing! I agree, its lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  2. lovely review! I think they are great for a somewhat moisturizing lip tint but they are not the best lip balm! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Yes, totally agree with you :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog, Love yours!
    Follow me & I will follow back :) xx
    http://urbanbeautyblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment on my blog, Love yours!
    Follow me & I will follow back :) xx
    http://urbanbeautyblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Cherry me and Pink Punch look lovely - shame about Hydrate, though! The hype around these babies (no pun intended!) was huge and it's great to know what you think about them! Oh, have you tried the Burts Bee's tinted lip balm?
    xoxo

    http://www.berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I know, I was really disappointed with Hydrate. No, I haven't, I've seen them though! Are they worth trying? :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Hello Emily! you commented on my blog asking how can you follow it, well thank for letting my know, now i have a icon that you press so you can go follow my blog now xx
    btw thank you for your lovely comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) I've just followed you now via Bloglovin' :) No problem, you have a lovely blog! xxx

      Delete
  7. i love these ones! really want to get some more
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to complete the set too :) xxx

      Delete