Monday, 21 October 2013

Review: Lancome Cleanser (Galatee Confort) and Toner (Tonique Confort) for Dry Skin

Hey everyone,
 
Sorry I didn't post much last week, I had so much to get done, but I feel so much better now I'm all organised :)
 
Today, I wanted to review a cleanser and toner I have been using recently, I received both in a gift with purchase set a few months back. The cleanser and toner are specifically for dry/very dry skin, but I think they would be suitable for normal skin too as they will just give a little bit extra hydration.
 
 
I received a 50ml sample of each and I will definitely be repurchasing the full size versions. I love Lancome's cleansers and toners, but I am particularly enjoying these at the moment for their hydrating properties. I can only really review these as a pair because I have always used them together, so I am unable to comment on how they work individually.
 
 
The Cleanser - 'Galatee Confort'
 
'This creamy cleanser is rich in emollients to gently and effectively melt away makeup and impurities. Infused with nourishing milk-proteins, moisturizers and softeners, this instantly-comforting formula leaves skin feeling clean, silky-soft and soothed.'
 
The cleanser, Galatee Confort retails at £22.50 for 20ml, or £35 for 400ml, which is pretty expensive, but Lancome often have deals on where you get great free gifts when you purchase two items for example, so I always wait until there is a gift with purchase before I stock up on my Lancome goodies.
 
 
This cleanser has a very thick consistancy, it feels more like a thin moisturiser than a regular cleanser, it does have a strong scent, but I really like the smell, but cannot describe it to you, as I am useless at that! This keeps my skin so hydrated and my skin feels so nourished and supple after using this, along with the toner.
 
I use this morning and night and apply it with my fingers then remove it with a cotton pad. I don't use this cleanser to remove my makeup, I use it to follow up after I have removed my makeup with a wipe.
 
This is such a gentle cleanser and really makes my skin feel better than ever. I will definitely be using this throughout the winter months.
 
 
The Toner - 'Tonique Confort'
 
'A genuine skincare lotion, this silky-soft moisturizing formula is especially adapted to the needs of dry skin. It gently tones and immediately rehydrates the skin while eliminating any impurities, leaving skin perfectly clean, soft and comforted.'
 
The toner retails at £22 for 200ml or £35 for 400ml, I have used the 200ml bottles of other Lancome cleansers and toners before and they last for months. This also smells lovely and fresh and leaves my skin in tip top condition.
 
 
I have never used anything like this toner before, instead of being a water-like consistancy, like most toners, it is much thicker, probably thicker than most cleansers too. Which is unusual but adds to the hydration, a lot of toners I have used before have completely dried my skin out and stripped it of all its oils, but this one does the opposite.
 
My skin has never felt so healthy and hydrated. So much so that, when I stopped using this and the cleanser for a few weeks and went back to using it one evening, the next morning my dad actually said to me 'what have you done to your skin? it looks so different and healthy'. My dad would never comment on anything like that, he can't even tell when I have a full face of makeup on to when I haven't, so it must really make a difference to my skin!
 
When I use this in the evening, my skin still feels so hydrated and smooth in the morning, its like I have just applied a moisturiser. I apply this toner by squeezing some onto a cotton pad then sweeping it all over my face.
 
Overall, using these has improved the quality of my skin so much, before my skin was very lack-lustre and dry, now its completely different, its so smooth and just generally a lot healthier. I really noticed the difference when I stopped using it for a few weeks.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
What is your favourite cleanser and toner?
 
Emily :) x


 


4 comments:

  1. These sound amazing! I have been loving my Bioderma for cleansing and toning for a while!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great! I have just bought Bioderma to try out, so can't wait to see how it works for me :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. Ive never retried any of lancome a skincare before. I am loving my Ren clay cleanser and mt algae toner. I did a review of both on my blog if you want to check it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use Lancome skincare, I really love all of it :)

      I have never tried Ren products! I will definitely check out your reviews :) xxx

      Delete