Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Review: Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment - My Miracle Blackhead/Blemish Treatment Mask!

Hey everyone,
 
I received a sachet sample of Glamglow's Supermud with an order I placed at HQ Hair months ago, and I finally got around to using it, and absolutely loved it. I knew I had to order a full size pot, but then I saw the price...£39.99! I just couldn't justify spending that on a face mask, with only 17 applications. A few weeks later, I was on HQ Hair (again) and noticed they had 25% off the entire Glamglow range, so £29.99 was a lot more bearable, so I took the plunge and ordered it and I am so glad that I did. 

So, Glamglow Supermud, for those of you that don't know, is a face mask that is suitable for both men and women, and is aimed at blemish prone skin. I bought a 30ml tub, which as I said above, has about 17 full face applications, or 1,000 spot treatments. When I use this facemask I only apply it very thinly on my nose, cheeks and also on my chin, as these are the only places I am ever likely to get blemishes and I don't see the point in wasting it on areas that aren't blemish prone.

They say you should use this face mask 2-3 times a week, or as often as needed. I use it about once every two weeks and that is enough for my skin! I don't have really bad skin, I never really have more than three spots on my face at any one time, and that's not all the time, but I do suffer with blackheads on my nose, that I thought were impossible to get rid of, until I tried Glamglow.

My Fiance noticed my skin looked so better and he was extremely impressed, so much so that he has asked for a tub for his birthday. My Fiance is very masculine (most of the time..) and usually wouldn't dream of using a face mask, but he was definitely interested after he saw the results I had, immediately after my first use!
 
 
So, the product comes in an octagonal box which I wasn't expecting but definitely makes it unique. The way this product is packaged does well in making it stand out and I really like how this face mask is presented, the packaging is so modern and sleek.
 
 
Not so sure about the 'Hello Sexy' message when you lift off the lid of the box, but I'm not really sure on the word 'sexy' in general, it makes me cringe every time I hear it, haha.

 
Once you flip up the 'Hello Sexy' panel, you get to the face mask, which is wedged into another piece of cardboard, so that it doesn't roll around in the box. I really like the presentation of this product, you can very much tell that it is high end. There is also an instructions leaflet included, which is folded up under the face mask. 
 
 
The face mask comes in a little tub, thats made of really thick plastic, its quite heavy and the high end look is definitely continued.

 
This was how it came, with all the mud seeping out of the sides, I suppose that's why they have the extra protective cap, because it is obviously prone to doing that.

 
The mud itself is a charcoal-y sort of colour and is quite thick in consistency. When the face mask dries, it turns into a light grey colour. But you will notice, little black dots start appearing all over your problem areas. The black dots/areas are where the oil and nasties are being sucked out of your skin. I 100% believe that to be true, because when I remove this face mask, all my blackheads (and I literally mean all of them) have completely vanished! It literally draws out all the pore-clogging oils and leaves you with beautifully soft skin, it also doesn't dry your skin out or break you out a few days later, like some face masks do.
 
You can leave this mask on for 5,10,15,20 minutes, depending on how deep you want the treatment to be, I usually go for 15-20 minutes. I then remove the mask with a flannel and warm water. Glamglow Supermud actually smells like liquorice, which I don't like eating, but does smell very nice :)
 
Now, for a nice graphic picture of how the Glamglow Supermud works:
 
 
I can't believe I uploaded this really gross picture, but I had to show you guys what I mean! You can see all the tiny black dots on my cheeks, nose and chin, this is where all my pores are (and where I also suffer from blackheads), you can see they are oily as there is definitely something being drawn out of them to change the colour to black. As you can see under my eyes, above my lip, the face mask is a solid grey colour, because I don't suffer with oily skin in those places, whereas I do have an oily t-zone/chin.
 
The larger black dots under my lips are where I was having a break out, underneath the face mask was two or three spots, which do not disappear when you take the face mask off by the way! But the mask definitely speeds up the healing process by drawing out and absorbing all the spot-causing nasties to stop a blemish developing in the same place again, which always happens to me!
 
After using this face mask, my skin is tight, soft and feels so very clean and for the next few days I am virtually oil free on my t-zone and chin, which has helped massively with my blemishes. As I type this, I have zero blackheads/spots, which is the first time I have been able to say that this year! I attribute that to the use of this face mask, but also the use of La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo, which I will be doing a review on, very soon.
 
This face mask may increase your sensitively to sunlight, so remember to wear some sort of SPF if its sunny :)
 
The vast amount of impressive ingredients (Glycolic, Salicylic, Lactic, Mandelic, Pyruvic & Azelaic acids) claim to: improve skin texture, de-clog and minimise pores, help aging skin and skin collagen, help the effects or scarring,fight breakouts, regulate skin problems, help irritations & complications.
 
The problems that this mask are said to tackle are: pores, problem skin, blemishes, pimples, breakouts, zits, spots, black and white heads, razor bumps & in-grown hairs. Which is an impressive list, although, I'm pretty sure that blemishes, pimples, breakouts, zits and spots are the same thing? Haha.
 
Anyway, this face mask has changed my skin completely, my skin is actually glowing and is also completely blemish free. I honestly recommend this to anyone who suffers with any type of blemish. I will never stop purchasing this now.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried Glamglow's Supermud?
 
Emily :) x
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. This is hands down my favorite mask. The price is very high but so worth it in my book!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you :) So worth it! xxx

      Delete
  2. I need this. Like really need this. Maybe a christmas treat to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete