Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Hey everyone,
 
I recently got a sample of Estee Lauder's famous Double Wear Foundation in '1C0 Shell', I was really pleased it actually matched me, so after being really impressed with the sample, I decided to order myself a full size bottle when Debenhams had their 10% off beauty event. This foundation retails at £28.50, so pretty pricey, but I haven't had such good coverage in any foundation I've tried ever.
 
 
Estee Lauder's Double Wear is well known for having amazing coverage and its definitely the most high coverage foundation I have used by far. I bought this as I had been breaking out so much recently, I needed something that had really good coverage and this definitely did a good job of covering all my blemishes.
 
I find the formula of this quite different to my other foundations, it is so thick and dries quite quickly so you have to work fast. When it has dried, it is so thick and heavy on the skin, it almost feels like you have a face mask on! It smells awful too, really chemically and strong.
 
This foundation does have a few bad points, I wouldn't use it every day because I find it too heavy on my skin for everyday use, but the coverage is second to none and I am so glad I can reach for this when I had a bad skin day.
 
I really recommend this for girls who aren't too confident with their skin, as it really does cover everything really well, without looking cakey. Another thing though, is you really need to be careful if you have dry skin because it does cling to everything. I used this foundation after having an awful cold and my skin was so dry, especially around my nose and I looked much better without foundation on because it just clung to everything. So, I definitely recommend making sure you moisturise and possibly exfoliate if your skin is really dry, prior to using this foundation.
 
 
This shade has previously been discontinued, so I'm really happy they brought it back as I find it so hard to find a foundation that matches my extremely pale cool toned skin.
 
 
 
I didn't realise these foundations come without a pump, I've never had a bottle foundation without a pump and it does make it difficult to get the right amount out but I'm looking to buy a pump for it.
 
 
Here you can see just how pale I am, haha! It does match my face perfectly though, I have some freckles on my face so the skin on my face is quite a bit darker than the inside of my arm :)
 
I couldn't recommend this more for girls that want a high coverage foundation, as it really is brilliant when it comes to coverage. It just isn't the most comfortable foundation to wear, when you smile or move your mouth you can really feel it on your skin, sort of like a face mask.
 
I really like this foundation, but will save it for days when I really need some high coverage :)
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Have you tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation?
 
Emily :) x
 
 


13 comments:

  1. This used to be my favourite, go-to foundation however I find it way too heavy for my skin now so I know what you mean about it being good for bad skin days. Lovely review! Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely is so heavy on the skin! But excellent for bad skin days :) Thanks lovely! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I just reviewed the double wear maximum cover foundation (the more heavier coverage of double wear) i have to say i LOVED it until after around 4 days of using it and it brought me out in extremely huge cystic acne :( such a shame as i was loving the coverage on it, i was wondering what the 'normal' double wear was like in terms of breaking you out?

    Thanks :)

    www.frankiebooblog.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have heard of that one! Oh no, that's horrible :( I've been fine with it! It definitely hasn't broke me out :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for reading :D xxx

      Delete
  4. I've heard amazing things about this foundation but I could not believe that it comes without a pump!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't understand that! It makes it so hard to get the right amount out :( xxx

      Delete
  5. I've been looking for a new foundation for ages, I might have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth picking up a sample if you have an Estee Lauder counter near you, that's what I did :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I have been using this foundation for a while now and I like to apply it on those days when I'm not happy with my skin because it really does a great job at covering everything up!

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? Just let me know on my blog! :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I completely agree with you, exactly the same way I use it too :) xxx

      Delete
  7. The mac pump fits Doublewear perfectly x

    ReplyDelete